OU QB Kicked Off Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, Aug 2, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

2-3 of Miami's offensive starters were also suspended for the Florida St. game.

I know they had predicted great things down there, and an 0-1 start could do them in for the rest of the season, already.

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Ain't this what's "fun" about sports. You spend half the year debating the pros and cons (no pun intended) of different teams, then BAM!!!!!

3. clair

clair Rockets

it's fun if it isn't happening to your team.

Luckily Iowa and LSU have both been sort of clear of this stuff lately

*knocks on wood*

4. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

yep, missing tyrone moss and ryan moore will definitely hurt the canes in their opener. it seems like every year that game is sloppy(both the play and the weather) game which the canes would benefit from pounding the ball with moss and having moore as a returning receiver to connect with wright.

advantage florida state for sure as of now if they can rebuild that defense.

5. clair

clair Rockets

Yes, college football, unlike pro, the 1st game is REALLY sloppy, b/c teams don't have the benefit of preseason.

I always thought it was a bad idea to put two Top 25 teams in an opener together, b/c it makes for an UGLY affair.

6. Geaux4LSU

Geaux4LSU Founding Member

throw in the fact its 2 schools that ALWAYS have offseason troubles and its even worse to put it first up.

of course maybe they did it to try and motivate the thugs to not screw up in the offseason

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Thats why I dont understand all the whining about the "QB controversy" that so many see as a negative at LSU. Just one injury or bonehead mistake and many a team will wish they had a QB battle going on.

8. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

I watched them a lot & came away with a completely different outlook. From the previous year Oklahoma lost the following(9 of their top 11 tacklers on defense, Jason White, a couple of stud receivers & a couple of linemen). Bomar was in his first year on the field and got better as the season progressed with Oklahoma winning 6 of their last 7 games. Doesn't matter now, I wouldn't rank them in the top 15 right now.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Bomar was the best they had, he was OU's all-time freshman leader in passing yards. OU was picked 1st by the media in their division of the Big 12 with Texas second. This going to change the whole outlook for the Big 12 championship game. OU will have to move their reciever to QB, Paul Thompson, he was a QB before but got demoted. Or they will have to use their Juco recruit who stunk it up in the Spring.:geauxtige

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

A few years ago I spent some time in Norman during their spring drills...watched Paul Thompson quite a bit. He impressed me with his mobility. Stoops will have to tweek their offense a bit...but if he takes advantage of what Thompson brings to the table they'll be OK. Not great, but OK.

I've read a few message boards about this OU thing...most praising Stoops for taking a stand. I've only seen one other person (besides myself on TF.com) mention the fact that OU is under a probationary window due to Sampson and the basketball/contact violations.

Bottom line, Stoops had no choice.