OU QB Kicked Off Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes i heard this earlier today. they have a direct affiliation with the university and this car sharing/job program has been around for quite some time.

also that they were trying to change the name of this place this week before the bomar scandal broke out. trying to disconnect themselves from the previous investigation(s) it seems.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Bomar has also been busted for under-age possession of alcohol a couple of times. Peabody can fill in the details because my memory is fuzzy (as usual!) and I don't remember where he was during the first citation, but I want to say that the second was at a Hornets game.

How freakin' stupid is he? Did he not think that in Oklahoma as qb of the gooners that he would be recognized? And at a sporting event? :hihi:

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Man, I swear, last night there were three brand new SUV's parked right outside of the stadium. They all had dealer stickers on the windows. I parked right next to them. When I was coming down from the stadium, a bunch of guys came out of one of the offices. I wonder if they are trying to make ammends. "Here coach, have a new truck, sorry about all of this." :hihi:

I'm going over to Big Red's and applying for a job. I want some of that $125 bucks a day, even when I don't show up.

4. OkieTigerTK

According to the news tonight, make that threatening calls.

That wasn't very clear. The previous owner and the greasy looking commercial guy are one and the same.

Attempts by the reporters to reach him have been unsuccessful. He may want to sneak out of the state also. :hihi:

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Hes prob. got a Gin and Tonic the size of the state. :wink:

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

He is rumored to be hanging out with the Chicago Cubs fan that allegedly interfered with Moses Alou catching a foul ball for an out in the NL Championship game with the Marlins a few years back.

7. OkieTigerTK

But, this isn't gonna get squashed. The new owners of the dealership full investigated with the school in supplying copies of records, and if the NCAA comes calling, I have no doubt they will open up all the files to keep their integrity. They have several other dealerships and can't afford to be seen as part of the problem (doing anything illegal, or covering it up to cause more trouble.)

I haven't gotten the paper out of the box yet, but there should be some good stuff in it. Last night on the news, they said something about other players working there, but those are the only two players they had deemed had done anything wrong. The NCAA may want to decide that themselves.

Also, the previous owner is such a sleeze, I am willing to bet this goes back several years.

As mentioned, OU just went through an NCAA investigation and hearing into the basketball program and Sampson. During those hearings and decisions, the school just barely escaped the "lack of institutional control" charge which was the one that really would have been the hit. That could come back up now if this mushrooms.

I think it is far from over.

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

The new 2006 OU helmet:

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

And the winner is.....

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Did you know his girlfriend's from Iowa. Here's her car...