Our Attorney General is the biggest dumbass on the planet

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 12, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Put it to you this way LaSalle, DARE certainly doesnt hurt. Drug abuse in children/teens is an actual issue.

I dont see the big deal.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

3. LaSalleAve

it certainly doesn't help either. But hey you wanna waste your tax dollars on some bullshit that doesn't work, guess that's the American way.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What if it had been a proposal by the AG for some president you liked?

5. LaSalleAve

I would say it was Fucking stupid as fuck and come on man you know that. I have been highly critical of everyone D and R who are dumbasses on this subject. I don't see blue or red when it comes to this. In fact I've blasted Patrick Kennedy repeatedly and I think even created a post about his stupid ass being anti pot because he is a pill head and a drunk.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

please film this event

Bengal B likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

Fuck that man I'll invite you over to partake in the festivities

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

i just want to see you flip out like this dude:

watson1880 and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Right... Session is a jerk! /sarc
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...harge-400-people-health-care-fraud/475089001/

"Sessions said suspects accounted for more than $1.3 billion in fraudulent transactions across more than 20 states, and at least 120 people were charged for their alleged roles in over-prescribing and distributing opioids, making it also the largest-ever opioid-related fraud takedown.

Of the 412 charged in the year-long operation, 56 were physicians.
    "

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes, I read several articles about the program up to 2009. But like I said, they made changes.

"over the past few years prevention scientists have helped D.A.R.E.America, the nonprofit organization that administers the program, replace the old curriculum with a course based on a few concepts that should make the training more effective for today’s students. The new course, called keepin’ it REAL, differs in both form and content from the former D.A.R.E.—replacing long, drug-fact laden lectures with interactive lessons that present stories meant to help kids make smart decisions. ....

"It's not an antidrug program," says Michelle Miller-Day, co-developer of the new curriculum and a communications researcher at Chapman University. “It's about things like being honest and safe and responsible." Even so, keepin’ it REAL has reduced substance abuse and maintained antidrug attitudes over time among students in early trials—an achievement that largely eluded the former iteration of the program."

But don't take my word for it....

"Richard Clayton, a retired prevention researcher formerly of the University of Kentucky, was also once an outspoken critic of D.A.R.E. but has since been responsible for many science-based improvements to the program after it invited him to join its board of directors and chair its scientific advisory council, which is now stacked with prevention researchers. “They listened to the notion that comes from the literature that you need to be interactive—not didactic lecturing,” he says. “I think what they've done is pretty amazing.”
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-new-d-a-r-e-program-this-one-works/

So if evaluation and improvement are implemented, then doesn't it make sense to re-consider? This isn't the DARE program of years ago. And I still maintain that a solid by-product is an improvement in relations between cops and the community.

Sure you can do anything you want in your home. But this is about kids. School districts poor a ton of money into telling parents what their kids can eat, how they should study, how to prevent bullying, sex-ed including all the iterations of gender ID, but you are uptight about THIS? Makes no sense.

watson1880 likes this.