Our conditioning

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 8, 2009.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

A broken collarbone, isn't that a sign of bad conditioning? Twisted ankle, everyone knows that well conditioned teams never have a player with a sprained ankle. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Where do people come up with this sh!t?

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Re: The conditioning argument is overblown

Someone mentioned to me that Peterson had the flu last week. If true, that certainly explains the cramps. Scott breaking his collarbone is not an injury that can be prevented by any amount of conditioning. Same for Jefferson's ankle sprain.

I suggest the the people who bring up these silly ideas start conditioning their brains...

1 person likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You do have a point . . . but it's right on the top of your head.

If you knew anything about football, you'd understand that injuries are part of the game and have nothing whatsoever to do with "petit" defensive philosophy, whatever the hell that is.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Yes it was mentioned in the advocate, he had the flu the week of the TUlane game and was a major source of his dehydration this game as well.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well, I certainly feel better after reading the responses in this thread. The last thing I want to see is all the hard work of Tommy Moffitt be tarnished by the comments of a few negative "fans". He is a treasure to our program.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

You didnt need this thread to feel better, you know as well as I do the impact of losing a game like this and idiots looking for absurd reasons on why we lost.
    This one just takes the cake and I can understand your frustration with the level of stupidity of blaming Moffit.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Don't forget that Ciron's knees have been bothering him most of his career.

Dickson didn't even dress out. So, we were without 5 of our normal starters at points of this game (though Deangelo Peterson really stepped up).

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:cry:

9. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Good teams stick with what got them there. For Bama, it's been running the football, and the bottomline is their O-line is better than our D-line. Conditioning has nothing to do with it. The fact Alem runs around in circles on running plays is not a S&C issue. That JJ only has an ankle sprain is a consolation - could have been much worse after getting speared in the chest.

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

yes, we seem to have some new conditioning experts or doctors added to TF overnight. can these people tell me exactely how all of a sudden we become unconditioned in one week when we have been know as the most conditioned team in the country for YEARS?!?!

yes, Petterson did have the flu the week of Tulane and missed a few workouts. regardless, cramps are something that can occur to the most conditioned athletes...and once you get your first one...you are pretty much screwed. Honestly, I dont see how some of these kids keep going like they do....it makes me nervous that one will hit in the middle of a route.