Our great leader

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Feb 5, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Examples?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

At least Pelosi and Kerry had the stones to do face to faces. A letter, shit that is so cowardly. My grandfather wrote me a cowardly ass letter saying that I was disowned for marrying a black woman, not his words. To me it just seems chicken shit. I don't think they knew what they were doing could be seen as treasonous, but it was pretty pathetic and cowardly.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No you old geezer, in post 257 you asked me to provide proof of other congress men/women sending a letter. I NEVER made that claim.

Specifically, in post 256 i said the following.

"Choose your wording carefully. No law was broke. No more than many congress men/women have done over the years."

4. red55

No, you naive peabrain, I asked you to provide a list of those congressmen you claim broke the law regarding the Logan Act, the item under discussion, you know.

Suggesting of course congressmen who broke the law that we were discussing. You said law, not letter.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right. An open letter is not breaking the law anymore than dialog with a foreign government as previous congressmen have done.

6. red55

An open letter to The Islamic Republic of Iran attempting to defeat on ongoing negotiation. When has that happened? Here is another chance for you to back it up.

Open just means that it was published and not mailed. Dialog with a foreign government is fine as long as it is not an attempt to derail a government measure with that foreign power.

I've already said that no one is going to pursue legal charges because it has turned out to be a gift to the democrats. Do you really think it was a proper thing to do?

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Two points:

1: You cannot prove it was an attempt of anything. You simply can't
    2: There will be no legal actions because this wasn't illegal.

8. red55

Get real. The outrage has been widespread both at home and abroad. He told a country that we were negotiating with that the United States of America can't be trusted to comply with a treaty.

There will be no legal action because this is a gift that keeps on giving. It was remarkably stupid. Who will this idiot write to next to scuttle US diplomacy? Putin? Kim Jong Il?

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Same wide spread outrage for Mike Brown and guess what???

There is no legal actions because not you nor a single person on this planet can prove the intent of an open letter other than being OPEN.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

What he did was not criminal. It was stupid; plain and simple. Yet in the absence of your ability to defend his actions with a legitimate argument you rely on the fact that what he did wasn't criminal or that we cannot prove what he was thinking when he did the dumbest thing of his life. First, everyone knows what he did isn't criminal. Second, our ability to prove what he was thinking is impossible because we are sane and rational and able to tackle challenging and complex subject matter in a detailed and nuanced way. Lastly, are you ever going to explain to us why what he did was right or necessary or served as a contribution toward the peace talks?

red55 likes this.