Our LSU Roadtrip

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SMITTY4971, Oct 8, 2001.

1. SMITTY4971

SMITTY4971 Freshman

Six of us Gators came rolling into Baton Rouge Saturday morning and I thought I would share my observations.

First, I was surprised how well the traffic flowed into the campus area. Anyone who has been to the Swamp knows how busy University ave from I-75 can get!

The LSU fans were, for the most part, great. You've always got a few drunks that pride themselves on being complete _ _ _ holes. But my crew met some good people and even got invited to dinner by some! LSU is the only SEC stadium I've been to twice and would return to again partly because of the warm environment. Thumbs up Tiger fans for showing a lot of class!

The stadium was an adventure in it's self! From the 2 mile hike to the upper rim, to the closet sized men's rooms. What were the architects thinking? We were so high I could see how the traffic was moving on I-75 near Lake City!

I did make a score prediction while I was waiting to relieve myself in the men's "closet". I said the Gators would hang 21 on LSU by the end of the 1st quarter. I was, as you can imagine, vebally accosted. If you (the LSU fan in question) are reading this, all I can say is...well what can I say.

LSU has always been my 2nd favorite team in the SEC ever since I walked out of Tiger stadium with two beautiful blond co-eds during my first trip to Baton Rouge years ago! My favorite football movie is Everybody's All American and I love the food and enviroment of New Orleans. I hope you guys win all the rest of your games, and we'll see 'ya again in Atlanta come December!

Go Tigers
    Go Gators!!!!!

Smitola..........

2. milleniumGator

milleniumGator Freshman

I have to echo Smitty's sentiments. I was in the RV and in his group ( a bunch of us from Gatorsports.com ), and found some of the most pleasant fans to talk too. We were very well treated overall. I hope your visits to G-ville are the same. Next year when some of you come to us, let us know on Gatorsports and we can hook up and meet you all.

I will be rooting for LSU for the rest of the season, and hope we can meet again on Dec. 8th in the SEC Championship game.

We will take care of Auburn for you this week, its up to you to handle Bama and the others. :D

Good luck and Geaux Tigers!
    Go Gators

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Thanks MG,

Its still a long way away, but I hope to take you up on that offer next year.