Our O-line will be a wall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I was just reading a college football magezine("while sitting on the throne":D ) and I couldn't help but notice that Paris Hodges graced the cover. For those of you who don't know, Hodges is a 6'-5" 350lb redshirt OL at LSU. This got me thinking, with the pick up of big Herm(6-8 360lbs.), and Ryan Miller(6'-6" 315lbs.) our O-line will soon be a wall of meat. With these three guys on the line at the same time, opposing teams will need a tank to get to the Qb. Of course I'm aware that it takes more than just size to make a good O lineman, you also need talent, but it's still impressive.

Between the three of them they average a mind blowing 6'6", 342 pounds. THATS A BIG LINE PAW PAW!!! Hopefully we'll get enough protection from these monsters that it won't matter who's qb. I could probably find open receivers behind that line of behemoths. Sign me up coach.....

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This fact is another that could tip the scales a little in the upcoming QB race. If our entire offensive line is guys in the 6'6" range then the QB needs to be able to see over the line to find open receivers. Just a little something to think about.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That would give Russell the upper hand given that situation.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah we will need a tall QB otherwise Matt Flynn will be doing his impression of Doug Flutie (who would not be a bad QB to emulate).

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

TMI;)

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Way TMI

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Ok...ok, I get the point. Geeze, people these days just aren't too receptive to humor.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The best thing about these will be how good they are athletically, not just that they are big. And of course they will be well coached. remember when Moo U had those massive guys on offense and defense and they couldn't get out of each others way!!! WE totally destroyed them.

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Last time I checked ... O-linemen NEVER stood straight up to block ... they always stayed down for better leverage and didn't give the QB any problems ...

now ... those Dee Linemen are a different bunch of jumping beans

10. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Don’t forget Pat Hayden and Fran T., we like 5’10 when they played behind NFL lineman. With lineman of that size we will need our conditioning program at it’s best.

Do you think such a line would be an big advantage to Carey being the smaller back?