Our receivers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 14, 2007.

1. winntiger

winntiger Founding Member

I can't believe LaFell is the best reciever we have avaliable right now. Hopefully they will give somebody else a chance during the Auburn game. I don't mean to talk him down, but it seems he drops more passes than he catches.

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I think Lafell has happy feet going on slants towards the middle. He is thinking about the hit he's getting ready to receive rather than looking the ball in. His courage factor is the problem.

Jared Mitchell is inexperienced. But then I'd rather see the inexperience of Tolliver and Byrd more often.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

LaFell's drops suck, but he is still the best receiver we have - by far, as long as Doucet is out.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I've been very impressed with Byrd. He had a pass reviewed and lost the reception yesterday. Did anyone else notice the bonehead announcers say, "He shouldn't be upset." Bull$*#@. Yes, he should be upset; that's being a competitor.

But I digress. He has good hands--get it to him when you can, QB's. Tolliver is also prepping for good things.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Inexperienced recievers are going to drop some and all of our receivers, except for Doucet, are new guys. Zinger is a senior though . . . maybe he should have been converted into an offensive lineman.