Our Ticket Prices are not bad

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 21, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Compared to other major division 1 programs we have cheap ticket prices. Stop whining we the athletic department tries to increase the prices. UT(Texas) has it really bad.

Aug. 30 New Mexico St$40
    Sept. 13 Arkansas $55
    Sept. 27 Tulane $40
    Oct. 4 Kansas State $55
    Nov. 1 Nebraska $55
    Nov. 15 Texas Tech $55
    OU-Texas $75

Texas Ticket Prices

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

You talk about screwing your roots, from the article you link:

that is sad. your own students!! who are probably already forking over $2,000 a semester.

I do like the tiered price based on opponent. LSU should do the same for instance: ULM should be free:D :D

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i agree that are ticket prices aren't bad and people need to quit whining so much. I also believe like hub said that it should depend on which game $5-10 less for weaker oppenents and $5-10 for big oppenents(not Az they aren't a big oppenent right now!!!!!). I also believe TAF should control all seats,and donation should depend on seats. I don't believe any season ticket holders should be forced to lose their seats just maybe moved. I believe that tickets should be allowed to be willed when somebody dies. Also why does the surcharge have to be paid all at once. Most people could afford it if the would spread it out throughout the year like a monthly charge. The TAF still needs money during the summer and spring don't they? Also don't be dickheads about it if somebody misses a month so be it keep defering it and till its time to pay again for the next years tickets, ask them to pay it off, and ask them if they would like cheaper seats or if they would prefer single game tickets, but they must pay off their charge. Charge students 50 like they are now.

If thats not enough revenue then set up temporary stations in random locations around campus to sell things like cokes and tailgating supplys. Most people forget stuff and don't wanna go to the store cause the will lose their spot and I'm sure they wouldn't mind paying a little extra if the money is going to the school.

Also take back the concessions. I know I don't won't the 3.00 dollars i spend on a coke to go to chartwells. Why not let different departments take over different parts of the stadium, let them hire students, let them buy the supplies,but make sure they get them(put somebody to see over this), and what ever money they make let that department keep it. Almost every department is strapped for class right now so why not let them make a little money. I know the chartwell contract was big, but chartwells wouldn't have taken the contract if they weren't going to make money. I just don't agree with the university becoming privatized because thats lost revenue for the school.

Another thing Can alcohol be served at a restraunt in TS? If it can be served in suites I don't see why not. Maybe build a bar and grill and rent out spaces. It could be on top of the north or south endzone. make it to were people could see the game. That would allow more people into the game. If people want to sit in their fine, but don't let them go into the other parts of the stadium. It would be great for older couples who love to go to the games, but can't stand up the whole time, can't handle the noise, and can't be outside in the colder night air because of risking getting sick. Don't make it outragous, but price it about 200-300 a game per booth. thats lots of revenue for the school. to keep it from getting over crowded make it were only people who bought a booth to be able to go in there kinda like the suites. It would give the upper class somewheres to go if they can't afford a suite. It would free up some seats for the middle class too. Also have one part where its kinda of casual and one part for romantic and crap like that where maybe somebody could take his wife for a special occasion. maybe make that part liek 4 stars. Keep the restraunt open year around and just make the casual part a good place to go eat lunch or dinner for the people around BR. I would bet money they could make a killin off something like this cause people always love to see the feild. Have it setup where its like 4 stories, booths further inside with tv's around kinda like a sports bar, and then enough chairs to seat everybody by the window. make the top floor real nice and real elegant, but still have seats. what would ya'll think of this idea?

Also I hear people complaining about the bathrooms and crap then they are the same people bitching about the surcharge. If you want better stuff you have to anti up its that simple.jmho though.

4. PIMPINDASEC

PIMPINDASEC Freshman

Arkansas ticket prices are not $55, I payed $30 at every game.

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

That is what Texas fans are paying when they play ARK in Texas.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

He was talking about U of Texas home games and the one against Ark is $55.

7. PIMPINDASEC

PIMPINDASEC Freshman

8. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Bad Deal for students

You are right Hub, and they are making them pay full price next season. Look at how their prices compare to the Florida/Georgia game.

9. AUDave

AUDave Founding Member

Student Tickets

Do all LSU students get football tickets or is it only upper classmen? At AU, I believe that most freshmen are left out due to the lack of student seats and the huge demand for tickets by alumni who donate large sums of money to the AD. The student section won't be enlarged because it takes away from the alumni seating. It seems kind of bogus for students to be on campus and paying tuition, but not being able to go to their school's football games. Attending football games is part of the college experience, right? On the other hand, the athletic department needs the money to compete in this league so there is a compromise of sorts. To me, equity dictates that a student has more of a right to cheer on his classmates than does an alum who is already out of school. I guess I should invite a freshman to sit in my seat next fall huh?

AUDave

10. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

All students are able to get tickets to LSU games if they order them when they are supposed to and dont wait around like some of my friends did.