Our Ticket Prices are not bad

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 21, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU could give TAF a bunch of prime sideline low seats by moving the visitors to the upper decks. Then they could sell a bunch of tickets to high-paying fat cat newbies without displacing any traditional fans.

Tennessee and Oklahoma have already done this and Alabama is considering it. They are splitting the visitors up into several widely-spaced areas nowhere near the field.

2. AUDave

AUDave Founding Member

Dispersing of Visiting fans:

red55,

I know the benefits of spreading out the visiting fans (keeps them quiet, thus maximizing home field advantage, as well as giving the best seats to the home crowd) is an attractive idea for the home team, but before long every team will be doing it and it could result in less fans traveling for away games. I think that would be a shame. It is fun to host passionate fans from other SEC schools. To me it is part of football in the SEC. In keeping with the subject of this thread, ticket prices are going up not down, and if the seats get worse while selling at a premium price, then it will make watching the game at home on the tube a more sensible choice. Auburn's AD has said that AU does not intend to spread out the opposing fans even though some schools have done this to AU's traveling fans. However, if the whole league does this then I would assume that AU would follow suit.

AUDave

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Ya know AuDave you have disprooven my old theory that Auboob fans are all idiots. You make good points. As to your question about ticketsI think there are about 12000 student tickets at LSU. I got mine every year so far. I was also able to get bowl tickets, an SEC championship game ticket, baseball regional, track national championship and NIT tickets. I don't know the complexites of our ticket system, but it has worked to my favor.