OU's recruiting class better than LSU, according to Stoops

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MiketheTiger69, Feb 6, 2004.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

According to Bob Stoops, OU's recruiting class should be ranked #2 behind USC instead of LSU. He said that the reason OU's class wasn't ranked higher was "because we didn't sign but 15 players. If you look at the "star" ratings of each player, they are all 4 star or higher. So even though we didn't sign quantity, we signed quality!"

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU signed both!

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Do you have a link? He is the first coach I have seen talk about "experts" ratings. All of them say that is for the fans, and they dont give a crap about that stuff. Our class is better anyway, just like our team was in the sugar bowl

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

SO FREAKIN' WHAT!

He thought his team was better than us a month ago!
    (along with the oddsmakers)

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT GUY KNOW BESIDES THE FACT THAT HIS TEAM GOT IT'S @SS KICKED?

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

It was in the Daily Oklahoman yesterday.
    www.theoklahoman.com

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

6. OklahomaTiger

OklahomaTiger Founding Member

That's fine

If he wants the distinction of the #2 or #1 recruiting class, who cares. It shows he's not focusing on the right things. Just like before the Sugar Bowl, he was harping on how certain players deserved certain awards and had proven it on the field. And then during halftime, he almost ripped Lynn Swann's head off about the #1 defense in the country. Why does he care so much about stats and recruiting rankings? As long as he focuses more on that and less on the attention to detail, which is what Saban preaches and focuses on day-in and day-out, we'll continue to be ahead of that joker.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Re: That's fine

Great post!

I couldn't agree with you more....

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

What a joke Stoops is. This guy cannot stand that he has been beaten by Nick Saban twice in a month. I think some of the magic surrounding Stoops is starting to fade and he is looking more and more like Spurrier in his arrogance.

Article

9. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

OK let's say two teams sign 10 players total, all of them 5 Stars. Just go with me here. Then at the last minute, one team adds 5 commits who are all 4 Star players.

Now the 15 commit team just had their average go down, which means... their class is inferior to that of the 10 commit team.

Right?

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't want to register for this stupid newspaper just to read this article. Can anyone cut and paste it on here for everyone to see?

Yeah I totally agree Bob Stoops has made himself look silly with the comments at half time of the Sugar Bowl and now this. He is acting like a child, plain and simple. I have lost almost all respect for him. I thought he was above this. He is definitely much closer to a Spurrier than to a Saban.

Saban = class
    Spurrier = a-hole sore loser and sore winner