OU's recruiting class better than LSU, according to Stoops

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MiketheTiger69, Feb 6, 2004.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Excuse you? That comment is worthy of that little picture you have....gives that "better-than-thou" attitude. The kind that I'd like to slap around a bit.

The only thing that's at an all time low on this board is rational comments made by visiting fans. Is that the category you wish to be in? ...Didn't think so.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You miss the point, Sherman. It doesn't matter why Stoops only signed 15 players. The fact is he only signed 15 and we signed 29. Therefore, our class is better. Punt, period, end of report.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OU QB White
    LSU QB Mauck

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do you post here? I hadn't noticed. :D

Actually OU got a great recruiting class as did LSU, USC, Miami and Florida State. It is just unusual for a coach to be concerned about where the recruiting services rank his class. I'm sure Stoops is happy about the guys he got, especially Adrian Peterson and that Saban, Carroll, Bowden and Coker are happy about the guys they got. It really dosen't matter at all what Rivals or Insiders or anybody else says. What matters is how the recruits perform on the field the next few years.

5. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I'm not arguing that our class is better. I gave it up to you guys in my earlier post. I was just attempting to explain Stoops' comment.

He knows you guys have the #2 class also. Reread my earlier post. You guys take nothing and make it into something.

btw, glad to see you that my posts ARE read. Otherwise it's a waste of time to post except for burning a calorie here and there.

6. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Two more things.

Your info is wrong. We signed 18 not 15 recruits.

And..........

Yeah, I am a genius dog but lay off the negative picture comments. I don't have a "better-than-thou" attitude just because of my f*cking picture. That's the best one I could find of myself. I'm actually quite proud of it. It shows my best side.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I understand what you are saying Mr. Peabody, but with all due respect, you are missing the point of why this thread was started.

We at LSU find it funny that Stoops even brings up the ranking and the average stars you guys got and the fact that if it was ranked in that manner that you guys would be #2. We find this odd that he even cares. On the other hand, Saban clearly states that he does not even care about all that, and that ratings are not necessarily the most important factor, but what you think you can do with a kid as a coach.

Saban gets it. Stoops has too big an ego to get it.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats the whole point. Not all of LSU's 29 signees are going to make it to the big time. Not all of OU's or USC's guys are going to make it. Some won't ever be eligible. Some will drop out when the competition gets too tough, some of them will be role players and a few of them will become superstars. Evaluating the future success on the next level of 17-19 year old kids is an inexact science.

The very fact that Stoops responded to the halfime Sugar Bowl question the way he did showed that he was flustered by what the LSU defense was doing to his team and that he had lost his coaching focus on the game at hand. The score was only 14-7 and it was still anybody's ball game at that point

Could it have been that Stoops knew he was being outcoached and knew that he had no answer for the defenses that Saban was throwing at the Sooners?

9. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Our class is #1 in scoring defense. There's is #1 is total defense.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It really doesn't matter what Stoops thinks. He's lost the mantle of "best coach in college football" and a little credibility along with it for his incessant whining and his claim that his team lost because of "penalties and mistakes". No respct to LSU or mention that we also had penalties and mistakes or the margin of vic. would have been more than 7.