Out of bounds rule?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Nov 29, 2009.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I didn't mean it like an endzone plane something obviously has to touch out of bounds. However you were completely wrong, all that has to touch out is the ball.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

That is what i said. ball is extension of the hand.

3. TwistedTiger

No, this is what you said.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Guess you missed that part.

Either way, your original staement was wrong. Now you are trying to change **** so you dont look incorrect.

It's really not that big of a deal.

The call was wrong. It definitely helped us. But hell we deserved one to go our way.

5. TwistedTiger

I already said what I posted was incorrect, just like what you posted was incorrect. If you meant the ball was an extension of his body you wouldn't have had the need to differentiate between the two in your original post.

I'd have to see a replay to see if it was the wrong call, but you're right that it's not a big deal since it went our way.

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Let me see... 2nd down spike with 8-11 seconds. 3rd down Defense rushes two.... places 9 back in cover and protects against the line plays. The defense doesn't care if you hit a player 30 yards down field as long as he stays in bounds. So the out guys are double or triple teamed... send in DBs to cover the RB out of the backfield. LSU would have done exactly as you said by throwing into double or triple coverage.

They probably would not even put one guy in the middle of the field. With 26 seconds LSU could run the ball which is exactly what they did to get the extra yardage.

The ref blew it, it was hail mary time if he had called that right. There was a huge difference between 26 seconds left and 8-11 seconds left.