out of our 23 prospects committed so far, which do you think has the earliest and biggest impact.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by geauxtigers45, Oct 27, 2009.

1. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

QB Zach Lee

RB Spencer Ware

FB Brandon Worle

WR Mike Davis
    WR Justin Hunter

TE Travis Dickson
    TE Nick Jacobs

OT Evan Washington
    OT Jamarcus Hardrick

OG Elliot Porter

OC Cameron Fordham

DE Jordan Allen
    DE Houston Bates
    DE/OLB Justin Maclin

DT Cassius Marsh
    DT Dexter Blackmon

OLB Luke Munice
    OLB D.J Welter

CB Ronnie Vison
    CB Tyrann Mathieu

S Eric Reid
    S Tharold Simon
    S Sam Gibson

In my opinion, It's Either Travis Dickson or Cassius Marsh. Dickson is coming in at the right time, as not many of our TEs have playing time. Marsh is coming in and can compete because we lose Woods and Alexander. Nevis Downs Hicks and Davenport will all be fighting for the spots and may the best win.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Re: out of our 23 prospects committed so far, which do you think has the earliest and biggest impact

I'd go with Cassius Marsh. Position of need, and he looks ready already.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Re: out of our 23 prospects committed so far, which do you think has the earliest and biggest impact

I think Marsh will make a run but I think he needs a little time to gain some more mass.

I would go with an OL and Hardrick is the most logical IMO given he is a JUCO.

I think Dickson has a good shot as well because he is a receiving TE who can block to help out the OL.

If Allen has setback or has problems getting the weight down in the offseason, Worle could get some early looks as well.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

My thought as well. Given our needs there, it is the area where the most impact can be made, albeit won't be as obvious as a position where stats can be measured, like RB/WR/QB.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I think one of the WR's, Davis or Hunter, might get a shot with LaFell gone after this season and Tolliver possibly testing the waters if he has a great 2nd half of the season. Good possibility of Hardrick stepping in at OT with Ciron leaving. Cassisu Marsh definitely a possibility at DT as we need some help there. Also, might be an outside chance that either Vinson at CB or Ried at S could contribute. One but not both. Also an outside shot for someone to contribute a LB with Riley and Cutrera leaving. And let's not forget Lache, if he comes. :LSU231:

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The obvious thing to look at is what players do we lose, leaving positions up for grabs.

We lose 3 LB's, but I don't see either of our current commits getting significant PT there.

We lose 2 DT's, which gives Marsh (the more prepared of the 2, IMO) the ability to step in & play.

We lose an OT & an OG, and you have to think Hardrick is going to seriously compete for the OT starting position, & if not, I could see possibly the OG. I think Porter will have too much competition to see PT as a true freshman, versus Hardrick being a JUCO.

We lose our sole pass-catching TE, and while we're grooming another one this season, Dickson has the potential to step in & get a lot of PT.

We lose 2 CB's (1 starter), and Mathieu could see some PT but very doubtful he starts.

We lose 3 WR's (out of the top 5), so PT is there for Davis & Hunter. I think Hunter might be a little too raw, but I think Davis can pass up Tolliver (2 L's) for the slot WR next year.

We lose 3 RB's, so somebody is going to get some PT there & I like Ware a lot, but converting from QB may take some time.

7. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Trent Richardson is physically a completely different animal than Seastrunk. That kid arrived ready to take an SEC beating. Seastrunk is going to have to adjust to a defensive speed that more closely matches his own than high school competition - similar to what Shepard is learning and going through. I'm not sure he's a game changer as a freshman - not with Murphy, Ridley and Ford waiting to make a statement.

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'm putting my bet on Mike Davis to make the biggest contribution. I don't think it's a great bet - I don't think any of this year's class just screams freshman PT. But of them all, Mike Davis may have the biggest chance to break into the lineup.

10. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Don't be surprised if LSU somehow pulls Fobbs in. He is as athletic as Claiborne, not quite as elusive, but a better first step. This kid looks D-1 ready. Listed at 5'11-180, looks more like 6'1-190. May get some PT at the slot, great hands in traffic.