out of our 23 prospects committed so far, which do you think has the earliest and biggest impact.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by geauxtigers45, Oct 27, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Re: out of our 23 prospects committed so far, which do you think has the earliest and biggest impact

From what I have been told that we basically have Fobbs in the bag. Rumor of course, but I know for a fact his former coach at Huntington, was arrested before the season started, so they got a new coach. Fobbs feared that he wouldnt have a good season under a new coach and rushed to commit to TA&M to lock up a spot in case other schools backed off of him. This person told me he will decommit and go to LSU, regardless of what position he plays. I heard this from more than one source, I also graduated from the high school he goes too.

Not saying its true, but it has some merit to it.

2. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Re: out of our 23 prospects committed so far, which do you think has the earliest and biggest impact

Hope it's true, kid really impressed me the game I watched him.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree Mastermind, Fobbs was offered as a CB at first and after the June Camp we offered at his preferred position WR too. Very good chance he switches.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Nice breakdown guys, and I don't disagree with the general assessments. But we lose one CB this year(Hawkins), not two. Eugene redshirted and will start next year opposite PP.

5. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

That's what I thought...

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

WR Mike Davis
    WR Justin Hunter
    OT Hardrick
    ATH Tharold Simon
    ATH Spencer Ware (physically ready)

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I think Ware, the one game I saw him in earlier this year really just wowed me just at everything he can do....if he was 2 or 3 inches taller I think he would be one of the top dual threat Qb's in the nation...his arm isn't that bad. Put him in the wildcat and there's a lot of things you can do with him out of it including throw.

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I wonder when LSU has ever been this deep at CB? Eugene may be battling Claiborne for a starting role next year.

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Agree. And I wouldn't be surprised if Claiborne wins that battle. He's proving himself to be one hell of an athelete and may be the steal of last years class hands down. While Eugene is obviously talented he hasn't really developed into the type of DB many thought he would be at this point in his career, although he might now be coming in to his own and could be the man next season. Claiborne and Peterson at CB next year could be very interesting, IMO, and with Loston possibly at S that would be a sick defensive backfield!:thumb: Stay tuned. :LSU231:

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I agree. Marsh looks like a man among boys right now and he's got the right size to compete for playing time right away.

I wouldn't expect him to be a starter right off by any means, but I definately think he could be on the 2-deep. Given his speed at the position, it's not hard to forsee him being on the field in obviousl passing downs.