Outback Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Dec 8, 2013.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I say, blah on this game and match up. The only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing how Jennings plays.

Richdog, LSUDad and fanatic like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Ferentz has been there for 15 years. His OC is Greg Davis, Greg was the OC with Mack Brown for years, thats where you remember the name. Last year Iowa was 4-8

GregLSU likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

It does.

Signed,

Brockers, Loston, Shep, Jarrett Lee, Terrence Toliver, Ciron Black, LaFell, etc......an don't get me started with this years class..;)

GregLSU likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Aside from recruiting implications in Fla, the Outback Bowl sucks. It's a New Years Day day game for all of us that will be nursing hangovers and we have to share time with all the other games going on. I would have much rather played in the Cotton Bowl at night when we would be the only game on. Plus, we would have played Ok. St., which would be a great match up.

bayareatiger and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

For that matter, I think I'd rather play in the chicken bowl then the Outback. Like the Cotton, it's the only game on that night, so all eyes would be on us.

Wasn't this the bowl game we played in a few years ago against Penn St. when the field was a joke because of the ridiculous condition it was in?

GregLSU and LaSalleAve like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSUDad likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I get the negativity about this matchup from a fan point of view, but if the players have the same attitude it will be Clemson at the Chik-Fil-A all over again. I want our guys to get after it like its the Sugar Bowl.

gynojunkie and GregLSU like this.
  9. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

Upset Alert - MY ASS!!

Just blow these sumbitches out of the water and be done with it. I' m hoping a fella by the name of Jennings has something to say about all this.
    We have got a lot to play for. I simply won't settle for another 8 months of excuses for another piss poor bowl loss. That leaves a real bad taste.

I'm going to bed when the damn ball drops and then I'm up early the next day for Bloody Mary's, who's with me??

65Grad and GregLSU like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Capital One, I can't remember LSU being in the outback bowl... What did it used to be.

Edit: used to be the Hall of Fame bowl, LSU is 0-1 in this game, a 1988 loss to Syracuse.