Outback Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Have they ever won their conference? one of their stupid fans asked "how will LSU mimick our speed?" :)

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Reminds me of some LSU fans. They stood up to us last meeting. I remember thinking and hearing how much better we were than a depleted ole miss and winless arky. This years team shouldn't make anyone feel like the W is in the bag.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  3. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

The last two times (once against Iowa) that we had easily beatable Big 10 opponents in bowl games, we lost them. I really hope this team does not take Iowa for granted.

4. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

With way our secondary covers, Okie State might have given us a real tough time. I wanted the Cotton bowl as well, but this may be a blessing in disguise with the way our D has played all year.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

anybody going, its only 3 hour drive for me, let me know if anyone wants to meet up

LSUDad likes this.
  6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Iowa has uniforms similar in look to the Pittsburgh Steelers. That just about ends my depth of knowledge of them.

7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Ferentz is a very good coach. I wouldn't be surprised, regardless of the spread, if Iowa comes ready for a fight and things are closer than they should.

8. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

In your opinin, what do you think the reasoning would be for Ferentz not having more success? What's keeping Iowa away from the championships? What would he need to get over the hump?

I don't think it's his coaching. It has to be lack of flashy recruiting, like say Ohio State and Michigan.

Richdog likes this.
  9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Assuming opponents in bowl games are "easily beatable" is fan-talk. We may not be the best team in the world, but we always come to play. I will be very surprised if we don't play well.

fanatic and LSUDad like this.
  10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

You hit it on the head. It drives us fans crazy from time to time when Ferentz says "We're not Michigan", but the guy likes bringing in guys with "workable frames" and bulking them up for a couple of years to fit his plan. Some years it produces diamonds and in other years we get coal.