OUTCOACHED

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Jan 1, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I too am confused as to why he did not get the point.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Maybe it has to be more homerish:

MILES IS THE GREATEST COACH THAT EVER LIVED! EVAR!

Maybe that'll work.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

hangover? :huh:

i wouldnt be surprised if there arent a few of those going around. :grin:

oh, and kid, i agree with you!

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Read his post again

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

How it read: give les miles a month, and he'll put the shock and awe in affect on anyone who crosses his path

How Bandit may have read it: give any coach a month, and he'll put the shock and awe in affect on anyone who crosses his path

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Two years in a row now, LSU has had long 8 or 9 game stretches with no bye week. That has to wear on a college kid after a while. Give this team an occasional break and they are amazing to watch.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I like Miles for all the reasons above. Let's not get carried away on this. GT was not the #14 club in the nation. On offense, they were one dimensional, not a good passing team. We stuffed the run, and it was game over.

I think Miles showed us something since the season ended. He made mistakes from the heart last year, with the co DC thing. He's pretty objective, saw clearly it did not work, and he did what's right for the program (ok, the inks not dry and it ain't over till its over, Chavis ain't it till he's announced). That may be the best sign of a good head coach, not that he never makes mistakes, but that he learns from his mistakes, definitely he CORRECTS his mistakes, and hopefully he doesn't repeat his mistakes.

Saban made a mistake with Applewhite as OC at Bama, and it cost them a 7-6 season, with loss to ULM. He saw it was a mistake, he fixed it. With a down SEC, they had a good year this year.

Miles isn't perfect, but he has shown an ability we had not seen before. When you live with a coach for years, you begin to learn how the think by analyzing a long string of different type of decisions. He recruits well, and he picks strong coordinators (the co DC thing aside). He will correct his mistakes. Good job Les!

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Whether they were a legit #14 or not, is up for debate. But any way you slice it, we still crushed the same team that beat a solid UGA team.

9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Funny stuff.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I just flat out didn't get it. I guess because I wouldn't measure a coach's ability by his ability to make something happen in a month. I'd be more interested in what he could do in a short week.

And yes, I admit to moderate homerism. Call me a homertarian!