Outplayed?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sweatspurplgold, Oct 7, 2007.

1. sweatspurplgold

sweatspurplgold Founding Member

Just an observation. I didn't attend the game but watched it with the utmost attention on cbs and one thing occured to me. We got outplayed. I am just as excited as all tiger fans around and can't wait for the next one but, it seemed like to me that we were just playing to stay in the game. I do understand that our experience on the outside is limited but, I also feel that our talent can make up for that lack of experiency. Early's out for now but we have had receivers step up and I'm just wondering why our receivers haven't been given a chance. Also, I do agree MF is the more experienced QB but, how many 3 or 4 and outs does it take for the coach to realize that a change might be worth checking in to?

1 person likes this.
  2. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

We were outplayed through 3 quarters, but then we dominated the 4th. The game is 60 minutes long.

Flynn played well tonight. His stats weren't great, but very few people get great stats against very good teams. Plus, his stats would have been better if not for a couple of drops. He avoided negative plays except for the early interception. he converted 3rd downs. That touchdown pass was ALL him.

3. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

The defense did get run over for three quarters but they stiffened when it counted. I have to give Florida props they have an offense that is very hard to defend.

Our offense though, punched them in the mouth and took their lunch money. The offense won this game!

4. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

I might agree with that for the first half, but LSU definitely outplayed Florida in the second half, there is no question about that.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

That might be true to an extent; however, we kept it close enough to win late. Tebow is tough to stop, and the D didn't have its best effort tonight. The turnovers were huge and between the running game and Miles' perfect night, it was the perfect recipe to win... The offense stepped up and picked up the D tonight. Hester's the man!

:geauxtige

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

If you review the stats by quarter, we actually did not get outplayed - the stats were very even the entire game, except for one - penalties and turnovers (wait, that's two...)- we had 'em, they didn't. We were outscored (which is really all that matters) but I thought the teams were very evenly matched except that LSU has more depth and dimension than FL. When that Gators stopped playing perfect football, the game turned around and went our way. Don't forget, we also had 2 missed FGs. And we only punted TWICE - so not sure what you mean by 3 or 4 and outs...

7. LSU CamelToe

LSU CamelToe Founding Member

I dont think we were outplayed at all.. Our numbers were better then Floridas... It was a tough game and we prevailed... Two missed FG's could really have changed this game...

We had 247 yards rushing versus 156.
    They had 158 passing yards.. we had 144.
    we had 7 penalties to there 2... that hurt us...

8. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Anyone know of a website that has the game stats (not just the scoring) broken down by quarter?

9. sweatspurplgold

sweatspurplgold Founding Member

I do agree. It is 60 mins. That does not change the fact for the first 45 mins MF was playing not to lose it rather than to win it. Am I wrong?

10. LSU CamelToe

LSU CamelToe Founding Member

Yes... MF cant help that his receivers have butter fingers.