Outplayed?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sweatspurplgold, Oct 7, 2007.

1. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

I would say your wrong about that. MF never looked like he was playing not to lose. The recievers were dropping the balls and we were running all over them. We did good by keeping their offense off the field.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Would be nice to have Early back. Lafell made a few nice plays, but still too many drops... Nice play to the TE (Dickson) in the 4th quarter as well.

Thank goodness we have the strong running game. I think the receivers will pick it up though when all is said and done. Would like to see more of Tolliver.

:geauxtige

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

not outplayed.

uf didnt make stupid mistakes to give it away.

id say with 100% execution LSU is 20 pts better, but UF executed 90% and LSU executed 70%.

if this team catches balls and makes fgs it will be dominant. watchout UTenn in Atl.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

ATTENTION. MODERATORS!!! THE FOLLOWING POST IS IN VIOLATION OF FORUM RULES!!

You, Mr. sweatspurplgold, are a fuc**** idiot.

Thank you for your support.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I was hawking the stats during the game so that's how I know it stayed close, but there is a site I've used in the past. I'm too tired now to go searching, but I'm pretty sure I linked to it off of the LSU Sports main site.

6. sweatspurplgold

sweatspurplgold Founding Member

457 to 237. That was the stats from the SC game Just a point I'm trying to make. You can have all of the stats in the world and it does not mean anything. As long as you pull out the win like we did tonight. I hope ya'll are not taking this the wrong way. I am beyond excitement about the season ahead of us but just skeptical. The offense at times seems like they're in a trance and I'm wondering when we will just let loose. (a little bit)

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

We weren't throwing it downfield much because...
    -receivers weren't catching the ball
    -coaches don't have confidence in OLine pass protection
    -Flynn doesn't have confidence in our OLine pass protection

Flynn's play was a mixed bag. His ankle doesn't appear to be bothering him much anymore, but he threw some ugly passes tonight. I hope he can come out of his funk. I feel a little disappointed Perrilloux wasn't given the chance to throw. Some of Miles' calls were questionable, but the man has onions. I guess Pelini will have to watch the tape because the play he thought he was gonna get out of our defense didn't materialize.

And still we won. Despite being 1-d on offense and despite facing a powerful Florida offense lead by one of the best players in college football, we won. Hester is awesome.

Pelini and Crowton... you guys have a lot of tape to analyze. Miles, you've got to get the team ready for Kentucky's best shot. With our offense unable to make the defense respect the pass no game is a cakewalk. Especially when going on the road against a competent offense.

To the nation, this is what a NC game looks like. This was a hell of a game. I'm exhausted. :helmet:

PS - I hope our OLine rests up. Looked like they got pretty banged up tonight.

PPS - The OLine is killing us with penalties. That late hit on Tebow was a BS call. Dude's a running QB that kills us with his feet. He was still on the field when he got hit. If QB runs, QB gets hit. This ain't intramurals.

8. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

The LSU offense was not outplayed for any second during this game. The D had trouble, but Tebo is awesome. OUr D had pressure on him and he would escape and gain yards for them. Our play calling was great. I did not agree with some of the 4th down attempts, but they worked. I have nothing to complain about after this game. LSU did what it had to do in a touh situation. In order to win a championship you have to win games like this. YESSSSS!!!!!!!! IM so excited.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

SCOREBOARD!! Out!

10. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Ypu missed the forest for the trees. Going in, the game plan was to control their offense by controlling the ball, while making fewer mistakes.. It will be interesting to see the times of possession. Florida has a tremendous offense and it was unreasonable to expect to totally shut them down. Ball control and making fewer mistakes won the ball game. They didn't outplay us so much as outscore us...for almost 59 minutes. Aren't you glad the game is 60 minutes long? Besides, I'd rather be outplayed than outscored, but to say the Tigers were outplayed belittles the tremendous effort the Tigers gave on the field. Give appropriate credit to both teams. This game was epic. Corso is right...you may never see a better one.