Outplayed?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sweatspurplgold, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'll be one dimensional and I'll take the running game anyday of the week but especially against Tim Tivo.
    That was the game plan, keep Tivo off the field, run the ball and kill the clock.
    I thought Michael Vick was a great mobile QB until I saw Tim Tivo!

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The thing that gets me is why criticism after a HUGE win is even necessary. Does it really matter how the game is won? In a game of this magnitude, the result should be all that counts.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

One of these days, I'll keep my promise to not post while under the influence of a case of beer.:redface:

That said, I cannot understand why, literally moments after a great win, you have to toss in a negative thread (yes, it was negative). There are fans who simply cannot wrap their minds around the FACT that there are other teams that can play the game of football. I'm not sure that Urban Meyer has ever lost 2 in a row and he put an awesome team on the field that just happens to be the defending national champions. Tebow, I hate to admit, is "all that". They have speed to burn and can match up with anyone. LSU took their best shot, got up off the canvas and showed that the Tigers are pretty good too. Did Florida give us all we wanted? Hell yes. Did we get outplayed? Hell no.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Any chance we will face them again in the SEC championship if LSU wins the west??? I'd rather face South Carolina. On the other hand, hopefully Pellini has gotten a better sense of how to deal with the Gator offense.

I think that MF actually played quite well aside for the early interception when he threw the ball behind Lafell. Depite the penalties the offense did moved the ball with only two punts. It would not have been that close had it not been the two missed FG's. It was hard for the defense to defend against Florida when they have a playmakers like Tebow , Ingram and Harvin, but glad they finally came through in the fourth quarter.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Damn, I acutally agree with Sabanfan on this one ... hell must be freezing over or LSU must be the #1 team in the country.:hihi:

Can't imagine anyone wanting to be critical after such a great college football game. We didn't play perfectly, but I'll take that same effort and execution the rest of the year. We won't lose if we do that. I don't think anyone on our schedule can play as well as Florida did last night.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I gotta be honest. I don't want any part of them again this year. I was wrong about CUMs offense not working in the SEC. It's unconventional, diverse, and very hard to defend. Saying that though, if you look at just the pure stats, we kept them well under their average. Their 3rd down success is what allowed them to control the game for 3 quarters.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

ahhhhhhhhhh.....mennnnnnnnnnn......

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

No doubt. They are the only team that can match our talent and they are extremely young. They'll only get better. But, I have to think our offense will be much better when Doucet returns. It's hard to measure how costly those drop passes are, but they are drive killers.

I'm rooting for Tenn.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Including Ohio State or USC!
    NO way any team in the country could play that well.
    Tivo and that offense is a beast!
    Their defense was better than I thought after last week but we still had good success on them in the second half!
    I don't wanna play the Gators again, they are scary!

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Exactly !!!! I don't understand how teams and fans can't absorb and process that fact.