Outplayed?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sweatspurplgold, Oct 7, 2007.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Damn.....I gotta get rid of these red and blue glasses of mine...........

I guess I watched a different game from some of you....I saw a Tiger team that fell behind ten points rather quickly..I've seen that before. Then I saw a Tiger team that kept clawing back refusing to lose, even though Fla. took said ten point lead three times. I saw fire in the eyes, dirt in the mouth, and the pride that was reminisent of some GREAT Tiger teams I have seen in my sixty-one years. Never did I see a one of them give up, and I have seen that before, just not often.

I also saw a young man miss two fairly easy field goals, which I don't think is common for him....And I assure you, no one in La. wanted those to be good more than that young man. Had he hit them, the game would have changed a lot. The Tigers win by ten, or either Fla has different pressures on them and who knows! If you meet again, and it has to be close, I hope he makes the game winner.

I think some of you need to chill and realize how great it is to follow LSU over the years like many of you have, and enjoy the honor you have today as being long time fans of the

LSU
    TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

4 people like this.
  2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I was pretty close on the score, predicting it 28-21 for the good guys.

What an enjoyable game!

Before the season, I thought we'd slip a notch in the passing game due to losing Russell Bowe and Davis. We have slipped, and its mostly the young receivers not being mature yet, and the drops. Matt occasionally delivers the ball behind the receiver, but any way you slice it, we took a step back.

The o-line has come around this year and is playing well, except Tulane's energy in the first half showed they need more consistency.

I thought our running game would be better this year, and it is. I thought Keiland would be the star, but it is clearly Hester. Congratulations Jacob, super job leading the younger players on this team!!!!!

On defense, we played well and gave up 315 yards and 24 points. That's what a very good offense can do to you. It's what I expected in the game, LSU would not shut out Fla., and Fla. would dent our D. Tebow is that good. Forget Urban Myth and the Tebow jokes, those guys are the real deal. That said, our D is still excellent. They need more 15 play drives by the O against a top team to keep them off the field so, so they can catch a breath. If our defense was not as good as it is, we would have lost this game.

Total team effort by the Tigers, GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!

:geauxtige

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

you're way out of line my friend....way out, who gives you the right?

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Was a good game, obviously we didnt get "outplayed". see score. However we did look a tad flat at times, Matt getting some pressure, the O line letting him feel it, He was a tad flat on some early balls, and when he was accurate we had a few dropped balls.

That being said, we played the BEST TEAM we've faced this yr. I would have liked to see RP run a few more BUT we won AND THE HAT isnt scared to gamble. 5 for 5 and it paid off. ALSO if you look at Flynns stats aside from rushing, they werent much different than Tebows.... something to consider.

In the stretch Miles coached us through, and the boys had enough heart to pull it through. The talent was in our favor BUT Tebow is a sick opponent and he evened things up quite a bit. All in ALL I think we were fortunate, not lucky cause your create your own luck ( 5 for 5 on 4th down ) WE were fornutate to get the W. hat goes off to C UM and Tebow and the Gators for bringing their A game. They just met a GREAT LSU team :geauxtige that played with enough heart to Win .

Honestly guys I have to say even with Tebow as a great QB. I think if we had everyone healthy and our Offense was clicking 100% We'd have made a boring game out of this. I still believe the TIGERS are THE BEST team in the country when they are playing on all cylinders.

No we did Not get out played, the stats may be close but we had enough grit to win. Credit the players for clutch plays, and Miles for the gamblers heart. You have got to give Miles credit for his gutsy calls! :thumb:

Id rather win by 20 but I'll take it!

Just hope our team is mature enough to celebrate a day then go in and Learn from what we did wrong. BECAUSE there is no REST for the Future NC team, we may face them again and we have to get ready for UK which will be another test. EVERY week is another TEST in the SEC, there can be NO LET down! LSU! :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

they dont match our talent other than one or two ( three? ) players. they are good at several KEY positions, Tebow, harbin ..etc.. BUT WE are DEEP in many positions. Injuries havent been kind to us this year, like you said, Doucet is out. I think if we were 100% and playing our BEST, we'd make this a 14 point game in our favor. As it was, Im tickled we pulled it out.

So do I want to see us play them again. Not really, but if it comes to that, if WE play OUR best. We can beat them soundly, I am sure of it. Handling Tebow is the key.

6. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

This has probably been said here, there are too many posts to read all of them, but those of you who don't think the Tigers won convincingly enough need to wake up. There was another team on the field last night, a pretty damn good one at that. I can't believe that anyone would have something to complain about, this was one of the best football games I've ever seen, and to date the most important one ever in TS. We will probably not see another QB with the PHYSICAL abilities of Tebow again this year, unless we have a repeat in the SECCG. Any onther QB in this league would have been sacked numerous times, I have no doubt about that. And yet the Tigers still prevailed. If you think they will be able to just show up and steamroll everybody, then you will never be satisfied. The Tigers won! Be happy and enjoy the moment, my friends.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

This article couldn't be more fitting for this thread. Those of you who think we were outplayed need to read it.

LINK

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I apologized to him privately, not that it's any of your damned business you sanctimonious twit.

9. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I understand the sentiment of our posters saying, "we won... don't hate!", but in SPG's defense, how many of us were sitting there early in the fourth quarter down 24-14, with the #1 ranked defense, cursing at the TV? :shock:

I was. So, at some level, we have to acknowledge that we won despite more penalties, more dropped passes, missed field goals, etc. I guess I would probably put it another way, we didn't get "outplayed"-- we just "didn't look as sharp as perhaps we should have."

And I think those that see that probably have reason to worry--bottomline, however, is that we won last night when USC lost to the redwood trees. To win the NC you have to be lucky and good, and I'm personally happy with us being lucky and good right now.

:geauxtige :bball: WE BEAT FLORIDA... NOW, LET'S NOT ASSUME THE SEASON IS OVER.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

LSU didnt play close to as well as they can, and that fact tempers the excitement of the win (slightly). Because the team must consistently execute better to win the NC. It is awesome that they can do so many things wrong and still beat a damn good team. There's a lot to be said for a team to win when so many things dont go their way. This too is necessary to win the NC.

After this showing, Im more confident in LSU's chances of winning the :crystal: