Outside Observers More Confident Than Tiger Fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Rabalais: As LSU navigates playoff path, starting in Alabama, outside observers seem more confident than Tiger fans

The season’s first College Football Playoff rankings will be revealed Tuesday, and it seems all but a certainty that 7-0 LSU will earn one of the coveted top four spots that correspond with the number of CFP semifinal berths available.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/13818139-123/rabalais-lsus-hunt-for-playoff

SaintSlidell and TheRealist like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

shane's confident.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hes an OU outsider.

furduknfish and Bengal B like this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He's only an outsider cause that's where she tossed all his clothes and shit.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

You know what is really frustrating about articles like this these days is that professional writers don't even take the time to correct grammatical errors. I see it more and more, esp. w/more blogs.

Regarding the content, I agree with the premise that outsiders view LSU more strongly than insiders. But, to say that we have a clear path to the playoffs is definitely putting the cart before the horse. We gotta lotta football left. They have some key components, but will likely need improved STs and 3rd down defense play to get all the way. I feel strongly we'll beat Alabama, though.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

As of today, we'd be an underdog at Ole Miss.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We have a clear path but a few obstacles to get by on the path

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I definitely think at this point they deserve to be top 4. Not because they are awesome, they are flawed, but I think LSU's flaws right now aren't nearly as troubling as other teams like Baylor, and TCU. Ohio State is one of those teams that could just go on a run. So is Alabama and I feel LSU is the same way. I'm not sold on Clemson.

9. LSURonin

LSURonin No Master

Yeah what's up with that? On one of those ESPN shows they kept talking about Ole Miss this and that, on and on...

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Chad Kelly I think is suffering because Ole Miss has no running game. I think Shea Patterson may rue the day he decided to go to Ole Miss, Freeze hasn't been able to put together a solid run game since he has been there. I think one of the reasons Brandon Harris has been so solid this year is because he doesn't have to do everything himself.