Over or Under-achievement?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pennsylvania, Nov 24, 2012.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The epic failure was on Nov. 5th. when LSU won the game. Thats how much better bama was last year. Great setup in Jan.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

That's a load of garbage. Not worth explanation, it's just crap..

plotalot likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You usually have solid takes bro, but gotta disagree with you on this one. Coaching, or lack there of, is what costs us in Jan. Bama was not better then we were last year.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Ok fine, but the question was 'Did LSU over or under achieve this year'. You expanded the discussion when it was unnecessary.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That's what the entire LSU team thought too !!!

LSU was cocky and overconfident going into the BCSNC game.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Your giving me too much credit, thanks.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yea, I missed on this one. Listen to Steve, hes on.

8. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Not at all. The problem is that we had a ton of blown plays that could have been scores on Nov 5th. That led Les to think, hey I don't need to change the game plan, we'll make the plays this time around. Saban got out of the way and let his offensive coordinator go at our defense. We rely on a Honey Badger, the one thing he's extremely weak against is that he's short, so throw over the top, and they did it. They picked apart our defense. Les had no answer for it, and our offense had no help. They outLSU'ed LSU. Wear down the opponent and keep their offense off the field.

Don't buy this Bama was so much better bullshit. Les shit the bed because he didn't expect adjustments from Bama. Bama mopped us up because we thought we were better than them, and they adjusted to every one of our weaknesses.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Actually, I'm basing that statement on what my brother, Herb, told me. He lives in Annapolis and that's where Eric Reid's father and grandparents are from. Herb was in a hardware store wearing an LSU hoodie and Eric Reid's grandfather came up to him and started talking LSU football and the loss to Bama in the BCSNC game.

In response to the question "What happened?" , Eric's grandpa said they were more than over confident, they were cocky.

I'd put more stock in what he said than in what I said.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Good thread Penn, btw.

I would say it's neither. About as expected. We played 7 tough and tight SEC games, won all except two of them, let one slip away that would have put us in the NC game with an SEC CG win.

I think it's about all you can ask of a team. To have that shot. And we did.