Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Over or Under-achievement?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pennsylvania, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap LSUsports.net

Not really a matter of buying it. Bama did have 5 players taken in the first 35 NFL draft picks, 4 1st rounders, Upshaw missed by 2 picks & was a legit 1st rounder. LSU had 2 1st round picks, one only a redshirt Sophomore. That's a huge difference any way you look at it. LSU was out talented & out experienced by Bama.
    LSUDad likes this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Actually, I'm basing that statement on what my brother, Herb, told me. He lives in Annapolis and that's where Eric Reid's father and grandparents are from. Herb was in a hardware store wearing an LSU hoodie and Eric Reid's grandfather came up to him and started talking LSU football and the loss to Bama in the BCSNC game.

In response to the question "What happened?" , Eric's grandpa said they were more than over confident, they were cocky.

I'd put more stock in what he said than in what I said.
  3. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

Good thread Penn, btw.

I would say it's neither. About as expected. We played 7 tough and tight SEC games, won all except two of them, let one slip away that would have put us in the NC game with an SEC CG win.

I think it's about all you can ask of a team. To have that shot. And we did.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

1 drive away from being in Atlanta.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If we'd had the team we thought we'd have last spring, then 10-2 would've been a disappointment.

However, with our losses and inconsistent play from Mett and the WRs, 10-2 is pretty good.

I'm still scratching my head about wth has happened to our defense, though. Damn...
    TigerTap likes this.
  6. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

The defense has been frustrating to watch. But hey, it's never boring!
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Yep, a 10-3 team that returned 10 starters in defense and 7 on the other side. Not having to play in the SECCG is another plus.
    TigerTap likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon

I don't get the frustration. LSU finished #9 in total defense and #11 in scoring defense. This is a damn strong defense and the primary reason that we are a top-10 team.
    TigerTap likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

True one Red. Got a bunch of bumps and scrapes on both sides of the ball. Remember we had to play the # 10, 3, 20, 1 and 22 ranked teams in the nation (These are ranking when we played each team). The rest will do this team well.
    TigerTap likes this.
  10. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Disappointment! We could barely beat Auburn, Ole Miss, and Arkansas.

With the talent level we had, we should have been playing for all the marbles.

Just another year that the offense has let us down. Same old story.