Over or Under-achievement?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pennsylvania, Nov 24, 2012.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'm gonna say no. Too many things would have to be done(Not saying they can't be done). I hope he does well in life. I'm pulling for the kid.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I feel robbed. Maybe I'm selfish but he was The Rock to me, the most electrifying player I've ever seen.

3. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Can you say what those things are? And I'm with LaSalle, the guy added another level to watching the game for me. Easily my favorite player, I just wish he had been smarter about his off the field shit.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I think hes a good kid. Hes not the only one. Remember, you are the best player in your school, then you are one of the players on your college team. Its a large step for a kid. So many times, its about making wise choices. Like I said before, more time is spend by coaches working off the field, than time spent on the field. Les really cares for his player, more than most coaches.

A true story...
    I was at an Assisted Living Home one Sunday afternoon. The people were being loaded onto their bus for a Sunday ride. Once all were on the bus, the lady working inside stopped the bus and told everyone that some of the LSU players were coming over for a visit. Asked who wanted to go for a ride, not a one, everyone wanted to visit with the players. The players spent several hours talking, signing autographs, etc with these older people. After they had left one of the ladies ask who a certain # player was, another lady with Alzheimer's/dementia, said his name clear as day. So those kids left an impression on the older folk. This is something that goes unnoticed, you don't see it in the papers or on the news. I won't give the names, but many you know. I think many of these kids feed off of Les and he off of them.

Winston1 and VampMuse like this.
  5. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Love this story. I've been around both pro and college players and some are jerks, but from what you say I'm glad to hear our boys are good and I think you're right, I think Les is a big part of that.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Glad you enjoyed. Its one of those stories I don't mind telling, just keeping the names out.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I realize where we're ranked, but our defense has made me consistently nervous since the last drive of the Alabama game. It's the reason the Ole Miss and Arkansas games were nailbiters.

1BIGTIGER likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I discount you completely.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If you think about it, our defense gave up a long drive at the end of the South Carolina and A&M games as well, in fact Chavis' first game with the Tigers against Wahington we gave up a late drive, and have done this countless other times. I don't know if teams know this and now expose holes in the soft zone we play but I think it should be addressed.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Fair statement LaSalle. One thing ....in past years we have such superior talent in the DB that their ability to react masked the softness of the zone. This year not so much.

LaSalleAve likes this.