Over the last 10 years who have the Duck beaten?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jun 14, 2011.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Agreed. Oregon is a VERY good team and very fast. They barely lost to our undefeated SEC team last year.
    They can play week in and week out with the SEC. Sorry fact. they recruit well and they are fast and they have the biggest corporate sponsor in college football pouring money into them.

Some books already have early lines out (Golden Nugget) for the first weeks games.
    LSU is a 3.5 pt UNDERDOG...

So LSU better be prepared for a very fast and motivated Duck team and if LSU doesnt prepare for a track meet it could be a long day for us.
    IE Jefferson better not be Jefferson of most of last year and the Jefferson of the A&M game.
    In order for LSU to win they will need to keep that offense OFF the field.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He doesn't actually think that; he was just trying to get your goat. And it looks like it worked.:thumb:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU has 6 home games. :insane:

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I love when a plan come together !:wave:

Love this game and fact is I am a huge Duck fan. Love the way this guy thinks and when Les is ready to Les out I am sure Chip would take a pay cut to come coach in a real football conferance !

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I was at that game - last pass , just a little high

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

LSU by 14+.

Auburn was a one-man show and that one man did not have a great game against Oregon... and it still wasn't really a close game.

Oregon will be about the same as aTm was at the end of last year... They will get run over in the trenches and their LBs won't be able to keep up with Jefferson and the LSU runningbacks.

If I'm wrong, I'll make everyone happy and stop posting here.

7. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

You must not watch much Oregon football. I know there's an invisible wall around SEC country, that keeps you from seeing football in the rest of the country, BUT Oregon's defense has speed to burn, and high endurance. They practice against one of the fastest offenses in the country. They played around 140 plays more on defense than LSU, yet gave up the same amount of points per game as LSU.
    The thing is: Oregon was #1 in offensive scoring last year with all of it's weapons returning (minus Jeffery Maehl). Oregon will get it's points. LSU was ranked 45th in scoring. I'd be more worried about LSU being able to score on Oregon.

8. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

I'm sorry, I misspoke. It's 7.
    Well, this year WAS 7 before the Oregon game was moved. You know, & I know that's it's a glorified home game for LSU.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, the Oregon game was never a home game. We had no 7th game scheduled for 2011, you are quite wrong.

Come on, you haven't even lost yet, amigo. Save the excuses for after the game.

10. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

when I think of a "glorified home game," I think of LSU in the Superdome (we played ND and Ohio State there recently), Georgia/Georgia Tech in the Georgia Dome (we played both of them there recently), etc

regarding Dallas, i would call that a "glorified home game" for schools like Texas and Texas A&M that are only 3 hours away (and we played both of them there)

Cowboy Stadium is in Big 12 territory, and it's an 8-hour drive from Baton Rouge. that's further than Baton Rouge to Memphis, Tennessee. the distance from Baton Rouge to Cowboy Stadium is like Eugene to Vancouver Canada or Eugene to Reno Nevada

but yeah, Dallas is closer to LSU than it is to Oregon, so that does give us an advantage