Over the last 10 years who have the Duck beaten?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jun 14, 2011.

1. dmeaux

dmeaux Founding Member

oregon's qb will be motivated because he orignally committed to LSU but backed out when Miles changed his postion from QB to athlete and appeared to not want him at QB - but Miles had Jefferson so that makes sense

I've still got my Duck call from the 80's when Oregon came to Tiger Stadium but this aint the same Oregon team

2. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

LOL, no excuses my friend!

3. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

Well, it'll most likely be a 80/20 split in fans attending the game. Our wonderful university failed to order enough tickets in time. So we only got our 15,000 allotment. They all sold to our season ticket holders (Not even all the ST holders got the tickets they requested), so no actual tickets went on sale here for the general public. They all went to StubHub sites instead. So that's ZERO face value tickets left for the GP.

Oh well, It'll be a great game! I'll be sitting in front of my 63' HDTV and screaming Oooooooo like I was there! Hopefully I'll still be screaming that at the end of the game! :)

4. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

DT's not a vengeful type of kid. He'll be more happy that he'll get to play in Texas, so his family and friends can come to see him play. Same with LMJ.

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

My take on the Ducks comes down to 2 games - 09 against OSU you guys scored 17 and lost the Rose Bowl

In 2010 you guys scored 19 and lost the BCSNC game!

So when all that speed and O runs into a real D what happens ?

The Ducks get plucked and a plucked Duck will be flying back to Oregon to build up big numbers playing against Pac-10 poor D the rest of the season only to get plucked one more time as you guys lose 3 Bowl games in a row!

There is a reason LSU - Gators - Bama - Auburn have owned the BCS for the last 10 years ! We play a NFL level D and you guys can't handle it.

Come to Dallas or sit in front of your 62 inch flat but you will still see the same game. ESPN will pick the Ducks and we will hear nothing but how JJ will struggle but at the end of the game it will be the fact that Oregon will not be able to handle our D-line and our speed on D will shut down the great Oregon fast attack !

LSU - 31
    Oregon - 17

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And that 1 was a mud wrestling match, not a football game.

7. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Actually SEC fans seem to be as knowledgeable or more about other teams in other conferences than other fans from other conferences. Football is king down here and we watch a lot of it. So the "wall" you speak of keeping us from watching other teams is quite false.

Oregon's defense wore down in the second half. Two of the best coaches in the country were on the broadcast panel that night and both said the same thing. Both Nick Saban and Urban Meyer said that the difference in size of the Oregon players compared to the Auburn players was obvious and when that is the case you have to worry about them wearing down. Which is what appeared to happen in the second half. Sure, you made a second surge but there was no doubt Auburn's size on both offense and defense ultimately superceded that "high endurance" and "speed to burn".

Which ever team can get the other team to play "their style" of football will win. But I promise you LSU WILL at some point force Oregon to play physical football in the trenches where LSU has been known to take over games. If anyone is taking anyone lightly I'd say it is the duck fans taking LSU lightly. Pac10 fans can say what they want but there's a reason the SEC has won 5 consecutive BCSNC and 7 of the 13 total BCS titles.

1 person likes this.
  8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Which ever team can get the other team to play "their style" of football will win. But I promise you LSU WILL at some point force Oregon to play physical football in the trenches where LSU has been known to take over games. If anyone is taking anyone lightly I'd say it is the duck fans taking LSU lightly. Pac10 fans can say what they want but there's a reason the SEC has won 5 consecutive BCSNC and 7 of the 13 total BCS titles.

well said !

Pre game it is all the pretty girl stuff but when you get into the game it's the Bigs and all about the Bigs !

Les doesn't get much love like Nick and Chip but at the end of the day it is all about scoreboard.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oregon Football is the USC of last decade in the Pac 10. They aren't just going to roll over and die. It's going to take a complete game from the Tigers to get a victory.

10. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

This will be the best game on the card that day and I can't wait to watch it. I agree it will be a hard fought battle and both teams will have to earn it to win it. But my money would be on LSU's defense neutrilizing the high octane offense of Oregon (much like Auburn did) and Oregon's defense evenutally wearing down in the second half.