Over the last 10 years who have the Duck beaten?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jun 14, 2011.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I feel good about this year's LSU team but also think Oregon will be one of the best in the country again. I'm hoping that Oregon's offense will not be fully in sync for the first game, kind of like the Boise St game two years ago. Last year, Oregon was fortunate to open up against a cupcake and it was more like a preseason game. No matter how much you practice the up tempo offense, I would think it's impossible to mimic game conditions (esp with new O-Line guys and our rabid fans filling the stadium in Dallas).

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My biggest concern in this game is that quick offense, and us not being able to sub on the defensive line.

3. RHancock19

RHancock19 Freshman

People can make fun of Miles all they want, but 27-1 over quality opponents is better than anything Oregon fans can brag about. Sorry, beating USC when they had a down year and an underacheiving program like Cal don't mean squat to me.

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Fixed it for ya:D

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Tennessee fans (Miles has a 3-1 record against Vols)

yep - that one 2nd half fail against the Vols

Les lost his first game in Tiger Town - ouch

6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

comparing the 11 mutual opponents over the last 10 years, Oregon did better 4 times, LSU did better 4 times, and the other 3 times are a wash:

during the last two seasons, Oregon has done better: Oregon beat TN in Knoxville by 35, we only beat them in Death Valley by 2. Oregon won by 24 @ Washington, we only won by 8 @ Washington. and Oregon played Auburn a lot closer than we did: Auburn had 526 yards to our 243 (but only beat us by 7 pts), while Auburn had 519 yards to Oregon's 449 (and Auburn only won by 3)

in 2006, LSU (11-2) did better: LSU beat Arizona, Oregon (7-6) lost to them... and LSU beat Fresno by 32, while ORE only beat them by 7

in 2005, Oregon (10-2) did better: LSU won a thriller @ ASU by 4, while Oregon beat them at @ ASU by a comfortable 14 pts

LSU did better against 2003 Miss State (LSU won by 35, ORE by 8) and 2004 Oregon State (LSU won by 1, ORE lost)

and the other three times, it's a wash: 2003 Arizona (LSU won by 46, ORE by 38), 2002 Miss State (ORE won by 23, LSU by 18), 2001 Utah State (both won by 17, LSU did it at home, ORE did it on the road)

1 person likes this.
  7. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

That must have taken a decent amount of researching my good fellow. Well done.

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

the credit goes to the two guys that made these two sites:
    STASSEN.COM College Football Information
    and
    Division I-A Historical Scores

the first one uses data from the second one, and both are two of the most useful sites i know of for looking up all kind of stuff about college football. to look up mutual opponents for LSU and ORE, all I did was go to that second link and pull up the historical annual records for both LSU and ORE and just looked at them side-by-side

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

3 times if you count New Orleans 2012 !:champs:

10. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

You're basing your argument off of two bowl games? I LOVE how some LSU fans completely ignore the Tennessee game. Right it off like it didn't happen. Oregon crushed them... IN Tennessee! LSU got lucky at home. If Tennessee could count, LSU would have had 3 losses.

I'm not saying that the SEC isn't a great conference. It's been number 1 for a few years now. Oregon will most likely never have 5-8 guys each year go to the NFL, but they play with a chip on their shoulder, and play hard.

Your score prediction is a bit much. 2 touchdowns? Wow...