Over the last 10 years who have the Duck beaten?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jun 14, 2011.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

IF IF IF IF

CAL

That wasn’t a fluke?

That’s what I thought..

IF IF IF LSU didn’t turnt he ball over 4 times to Tenn……

IF IF IF

The fact is Duck dood, LSU has prime talent and we have watched this talent play at a B level at best for a few years now. We saw some flashes of A+ ball, like the second half of Bama 2010, but never a full game, hell, even the A&M game was not A ball… We broke a bit to much on D IMO… Sloppy in the first half….Even on O.

Hell, Oregon could play A+ ball and not keep it within 2 TD’s if LSU is at an A+ level. The talent of these kids are that sick.

You might think I am a homer for saying this, but look up Louisiana kids in the NFL per capita…

Seriously, LSU came out with an 11-2 record and our 2nd to WORST O of the past DECADE….09 being the worst.

Yea, we have every right in the world to think we can smash a 2 TD run on Oregon if we play A+….

:crystal::crystal:

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

You guys had a much better over-all season but at LSU we play Aurburn and Bama every year! We play the Gators and the Hogs every year. We play 4 of the top programs that can beat anyone in the country every year. You guys might play 1 team a year that can run the table. It is not apples to apples. I am a homer and this LSU is looking to be the best since 07 so we shall see how it shakes out. I am thinking Les has what he wants and the team is going to hit the field running. LSU is a monster 4 quarter team and I just don't think you guys will stop our run late. If you do and the score is close the game will be another late heart attack!

Les is magic in a bottle with 22 seconds to go and God shows His hand.

Jesus loves Les Miles !

This is just some summer fun because ALL in Tigerland went :rolleye33: after we heard we will open with the Ducks this year. Great opener but what happened to the warm up game?

3. I Like Mike

I Like Mike Geaux Tigers!

It's the only two bowl games you've played under your current head coach. The facts are, Chip Kelly is 1-1 in opening games, 0-2 in bowl games, and 0-3 in OOC games vs ranked opponents. Them's just the facts. And it's not like you guys play tough schedules either. Your schedule last year was ranked 59th toughest by the NCAA. LSU's, by contrast, was ranked 6th toughest.

:thumb:

4. TigerCliff

thank you

I always hit around the edge but you nailed it !

5. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

33-0 in regular season last time I checked

ETA: Check that...some of those might be Saban wins. We still have the longest streak though.

6. TigerCliff

Bud

you are forgetting the Penn State game !

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He said regular season.

8. TigerCliff

ok - but it all counts !

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are no style points in football, hoss.

10. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I think most fans of teams in other conferences are sick of the SEC winning and are sick of SEC fans bragging about the conference's dominance. Other than SEC fans I believe the college football fanbases are ready for a new champ to emerge from another conference and I think they are ready for the SEC to lose it's hold on the BCS Title. By nature people get sick of the same winner every year. That is unless you're a fan of the winner. :D

It's gotten to the point where (the BCS NCG is a good example) if the game is even close, though the SEC still won the game, the OOC opponent fanbase focuses more on the fact that their team didn't get blown out rather than they still got beat. As Red said, there aren't any style points. It's either you won or you didn't. Whether you lost by 3 or 33 you still lost. The conclusion was still the same. Your team wasn't as good as the other team on that day. And so far on 7 out of the 13 days where the best teams in other conferences have played the SEC's best they've lost.

Answer this question. If the Pac-10 had been the conference that has had the success in the BCS era rather than the SEC. Would the attitude of the conference fanbase of the PAC-10 be different than the SEC's? I'm assuming you'll answer this honestly.