Over the last 10 years who have the Duck beaten?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jun 14, 2011.

1. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

That's a good question. I'm thinking in the Northwest, we could have that attitude. The Washington Huskies fan base still thinks their sh--- don't stink, and they've been stinking it up in Seattle for a decade! Honestly though, I feel in the Northwest, their isn't much to do in the fall, so college football is what quite a few people flock too. The Seattle sports teams keep people busy, and the Trailblazers are starting to make some noise again, but for the most part, college sports (Especially football) is where it's at. So I feel if the PAC 10 enjoyed the same dominance that the SEC has, we'd feel the same way as SEC fans feel now.
    I feel down in the Southern Division, they have quite a bit more going on (entertainment and sports-wise), so I don't think the bay area schools: LA, or AZ, would feel that way. Too many sports teams to watch, so they don't take their college football as seriously. They can't even sell out their stadiums on a regular basis. Another thing about the SEC that kills the PAC is their alumni bases. SEC schools are huge compared the the PAC 10 schools. They generate close to twice the alumni than PAC-10 schools. More alumni = more fans = more donors....so on and so on...

I think that's big reason football is so big in SEC country. Not a lot of Pro teams to watch. Sure there are a few, but not like the west coast. SEC fans are a different breed! I tip my hat to you!

2. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

Spoken like someone with no other logical response for that game.

3. laduckfan

laduckfan Veteran Member

Sounds to me like the coaches aren't doing their job.

IF IF IF
    I already said Oregon will never have 5-8 guys going to the NFL every year... no argument from me.
    Because you have good defense...
    Tell me how LSU will outscore Oregon. I don't see LSU's offense scoring enough points. I can see LSU's D holding Oregon to around 28-31 points. Jefferson had a QB rating last year of 114.7. Is there a honest belief that he can turn it around for his senior year? I know Les Miles publicly supports him, but I see all the LSU boards screaming for Zach Mettenberger.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Ask Bama how we scored enough points or A&M or Florida or West Virgina or UNC or Miss state .....

They all had D's within the top 60 and Bama, West Virgina and UF all had top flight D's

Though, I guess you figured that only AU's D can hold you to such little points right?

Trust me, we are head and shoulders above AU's D...

How are you so sure you can score enough considering you folded vs. AU who was not anywhere near LSU as their D ranked 60'th in the nation?

Waiting......

Works both ways dood.

5. ASD

ASD ASD

I hear what your saying overall but u think the Ducks will put up around 30 points on our D??? that Is crazy talk. We will score. that will be the surprising part, and come the fourth qt, we will pound it.

6. ASD

ASD ASD

you must be hanging out at TD to hear the Mett stuff. Mett's time will come but they can go on for days at TD.

7. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Tell me how LSU will outscore Oregon. I don't see LSU's offense scoring enough points. I can see LSU's D holding Oregon to around 28-31 points. Jefferson had a QB rating last year of 114.7. Is there a honest belief that he can turn it around for his senior year? I know Les Miles publicly supports him, but I see all the LSU boards screaming for Zach Mettenberger.

laduckfan

Thanks for coming by and just talking football. The summer is going to be long and we will all do nothing but look forward to Sept 3rd. You are going to take what you see and push the best points of the Ducks for the game. Your hope is that the Ducks will hang 30 points on LSU. We see this D with what looks to be the best group of DB's that we ever put on the field as monsters. We have 6 DB's that could start for most top programs in the country. We have 6 DL players that will rotate that will be monsters. Our LB's are a little thin but I have no concern with that group coming to game day.

On the O side it all starts with JJ and he is a concern. His day to day game to game level of play is what has most Tigers concerned. He has not been a top QB and the QB play has been poor since 08. With reason the QB position has been talked about and will be talked about until a QB is on the field for LSU that gives solid play game in and game out. I can't tell you how JJ will play when we play you guys. I can tell you that all around him will be top level college football players. We have 4 to 5 solid top program RBs ready to go. Ware is a top SEC player and you will get to know him well. He averaged around 9 yards a carry in the Cotton Bowl and we will see if you guys can match the Aggie rush D that many called on of the best rush Ds in the nation at the point in the season we played them. Our O-line is one of the major A grades on the team and this will be the best O-line we put on the field since 07.

We are a little thin with known WRs but have a solid core group with one of the top WRs in the nation showing up as a true freshman. At TE we are 3 deep with one being TE/WR type.

Off course you think you are going to hang 30-31 points on LSU. You put up less than 20 in you last 2 bowl games. This is going to be a Bowl game type opener!

No true home field we will both travel. Weeks and weeks with nothing but this game on the mind of both staffs. Big media event ! Les is 5-1 in Bowl games - Chip is 0-2 in Bowl games - LSU gets the edge

Are there many in LSU land that thinks LSU plays B ball with all this talent - a big yes! What I love about Les and this team is that they know how to beat teams that they should beat. Sometimes like the Tenn game it all goes out the window but that is a rare event. If you look at 6 years of Les Miles football what you will see is teams play hard and win close games.

For the Ducks LSU will bring it. We will man up on you guys and push. Being a LSU fan I don't see you guys having the Bigs to hang with LSU. It could be 14 / 10 at half with the Ducks looking good. It could be 17 / 10 at half and the Ducks looking good with the lead. But come half way into the 4th - LSU 31 Ducks 21 is about what I am thinking. You guys with around 17 to 24 is about what I am thinking with LSU around 28 to 41.

can you stop the LSU rushing game?

can LSU stop or slow down you up tempo rushing game?

do we put pressure on your QB ?

do you put pressure on our QB ?

who wins the line of scrimmage ?

We do not know how this game will go down. We can only look back to 2010 and try to pull into this season what might happen. It's the opening game and this will be it's own season. I see Lsu winning the line of scrimmage and winning the game but I am a 100% homer and could see nothing else.

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

LSU will never be stuck again with poor QB play. We are loaded now and will stay that way. The level of QB talent on the field for the start of the 08 season was a joke and Les knew that. Look at the QBs we have brought in and the QBs we have coming.

I agree Mett will have his day when that day comes !

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So, that's why your stadium holds 40,000?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was a logical response. There are no style points in football.

Man, is it sad that you keep bringing up beating 6-7 Tennessee with so much pride. You seem to think that the high scoring margins has some sort of special relevance that overrides all of the other issues people have raised with you.

Tennessee was LSU's worst-played game of the season and we still won it. If you want to judge the LSU team you will meet this year by that game, you can . . . but it is a big mistake.

We know that Oregon is a high-scoring team. When you win, you can win big. Well, LSU is a steady scoring team. When we win, we just win. We have to pace ourselves in the SEC, it's a rough league.

Like the Bammers are trying to tell you . . . despite your hot downfield offense, you are going to have to out-physical LSU on the line to win this one. And we've got some road-graders in the trenches.