Overall record vs Tennessee is awful

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gold Nugget, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

Besides newbies Arkansas and South Carolina, we've probably played them as few as anyone,except Vanderbilt and maybe Georgia in the SEC.

A lot of their wins did come in the 30's and 40's, but they've still had the upper hand in the 80's and 90's,too. Since 1960 Tennessee leads the series 8-6-2, so its been somewhat competitive in the last half century.

Tennessee's high moments haven't always come against poor or bad LSU teams,either. In 1959 Tennessee beat then #1 LSU 14-13 and then lost their last three games to go 5-4-1. In 1964 Tennessee came to Baton Rouge to face #7 LSU and came away with a 3-3 tie en route to a 4-5-1 season. In 1982 after Hilliard,James and Risher got us on the '82 map in Gainesville the week before, 12 pt underdog Tennessee tied LSU 24-24. We finished 11th in the nation, they finished 6-5-1. Point being in this limited,but odd series, for whatever reason Tennessee brings its "A Game" to play LSU.

Few people outside of the Tennessee team are giving them much a chance this weekend. I'd love to see LSU just crush them from the git-go (plus growing up pulling for Vandy, I loathe these jerks :wink:)and win going away.

But the team needs to focus and work on the obvious and continue with the proven or history could repeat itself.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That was then... :wink:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Impartial opinions differ:

4. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Best Austin Powers line...."Well Woop Doopty Doo, Basil, What Does It All Mean."

Good research though.....

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I'm not surprised with the all time record, especially with Georgia showing up at #11. These 4 SEC teams have been most dominant over the decades. I think LSU got a lot of momentum this past decade and Florida really racked up a ton of points.

But this year, Tennessee is coming to a sword fight with a steak knife.

6. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

Just as long as its not LuLu and Junior's steak knife.:lol:

7. Rick Clausen

Rick Clausen Freshman

And this is now. :)