P90X3

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bud Lee, Oct 16, 2014.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Different things work for different people. I prefer playing a variety of sports and hitting the weights at least once/week. I've never done one of these programs but may give it a try at some point.

I enjoy eating both healthy and unhealthy foods. Lunch today will be the latter as I'm going to a Chinese buffet for the first time in about a year.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thank.s MM. I was joking about the ice cream and cookies. I could be in better shape. Up until my 40's I still played basketball regularly. I don't like solitary excersizes like jogging. Now I'm too old to play hoops. The only "by myself" excercise I ever kept doing on a regular basis was swimming. For several years I went to a club with an indoor lap pool. I got to where I would swim a mile every day or since the pool was only four feet deep I would sometimes walk the laps against the water resistance. That club is now a YMCA but I'm thinking about joining if they still have the pool.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I lost about 40 lbs in 3 months, dropped 4 pants size. I changed my diet completely for 3 months, my caloric intake was 1700 calories per day, way below what is recommended for my height and weight. I ate egg whites, spinach, tomatoes, tuna, peppers, salmon and very little whole grain bread during my weeks and up the calories slightly on the weekends for 3 months. I never used mayo before this, always use mustard as a condiment for any meal, deli, spicy or regular mustard. Eat spinach with every meal. My breakfast is a spinach smoothie with a variety of things in it. now ive been on 2 different 10 and 12 week muscle building programs. As Mob said, once you get into it its a lifestyle and he and I are the same age.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

It's amazing how quickly you can lose weight. I unfortunately am trying to gain muscle rather than lose fat. I've alwasy been slim and able to eat whatever I want although I'm at least trying to eat better food now. I want to gain about 15 lbs of muscle but that's not easy and can't be done with just diet.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

this is true, you need tons of protein and weight lifting.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the dude just wanted opinions on p90x3. im sure hes already aware diet is important. i did the other 2 and enjoyed them. but that was 2 years ago. apparently 3 is a combo of the other two and has good reviews. maybe ill download it.

but dont forget,

you cant outrun a bad diet.

though its a lifestyle change not a diet!!!

drink 24 gallons of water every hour

breakfast is the most important meal of the day!!!!

if i think of anymore cliches ill add later.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

and dont forget to smoke

8. tirk

DONT SKIP ANY MEALS! starving your body only slows down your metabolism!!!!
    (americans think skipping a meal makes them gandhi)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    GregLSU likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Beer is good for you

10. tirk

eat 47 small meals a day!!!!