Pac 10 baseball dominance of old has given way to the SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gotskeeters, Jun 13, 2004.

1. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Arizona (4th place Pac 10 finish) is the only team left....and I hope they beat Long Beach State.

Looks like the SEC will have half the College World Series field. If South Carolina and LSU win today, they will join Georgia and Arkansas, who made it yesterday. Not a bad showing (and more money coming into all the SEC schools).

Just think, Florida played horrible yesterday (5 costly errors, most of which lead directly to runs for Miami), and still almost won the game. If would be nice if Florida could make it also, and make it 5 SEC teams out of the 8 in Omaha.

:tigbas:

2. donut2001

donut2001 Founding Member

That would be amazing, but it would also show how some of the national seeds were a bit far fetched this year because the NCAA was trying to spread the wealth with the seeds. I mean Arizona State was a seed and we weren't, and where are they? at home. I just think it is a shame that the seeds are so political. We may have not had the record of past teams, but we only lost one series all year with the fourth ranked rpi, and that series was to a team who is already in the CWS. Way to go NCAA

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Typical NCAA bullshyt

4. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Exactly!

5. donut2001

Oh yea, and of the 16 teams in the super regionals only three have as many wins as we do, and only four have fewer or equal loses. :dis:

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It boils down to 2 and out in the SEC tournament. Everyone was saying that we would have to win one, and we didn't.

7. donut2001

I know people use that as justification but I don't think that two games have the power to over-ride the significance of the fifty before them, especially since both were pitchers duels and we were in both, it is obvious to me that the pollsters don't watch the games, or even read the box scores, just like the other sports *cough-football* Not to mention that much like our series lose both those teams we lost to are in super regionals and one is already in the CWS.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Great post. Right on point.