Pac 10 Football Versus LSU & SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 19, 2003.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I went to see the Stanford - Washington St. game today and almost fell asleep. It is totally different and you could hollar something and the players could actually hear you.

As we were walking down the stairs most of the wood was rotten and i was worried about it giving way. You would think with all the money Stanford has they would upkeep their stadium better.

Their band thinks they are so cool too. They suck. Give me The Golden Band From Tigerland any day.

It makes me realize what a special place Tiger Stadium really is and the special atmosphere it has when their is football to be played.

Tiger Stadium will be rocking come this Saturday and all i can say is give em hell Tigers. Do your best and come ready to play.

Geaux Tigers:

lsug:

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Football in the South is so different from anywhere in the nation. PAC-10, Big 10 are all pretenders. Heck, IMO, anywhere not in the sutdent section is lacking in atmosphere.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does anybody in California care anything about football if the surfing conditions are good on gameday?

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Pac 10 Overated!!!

Auburn should've beat USC of the Pac 10!

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Wyoming

I went to a Wyoming vs Rice game in Wyoming in 1999 and boy was that boring we were in Wyoming and it was pretty but it was like a High School game/ AARP convention.

6. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

I've been to two LA Tech games this year (LA Tech vs Miami and Tech vs Boise St.) and let me say that those games have no atmosphere whatsoever...even the Miami game there was only about 40,000 people and it was never loud...

for the boise state game there was less than 10,000 people...pretty embarrassing

7. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

the pac 10 is weak. The fans dont care. They dont have any idea on how to tailgate. I still get The SEC is overrated every time I turn around. LSU over AZ shut some of them up. Now that ASU is 4-3 it helps. I would love to see U So Cal get beat a few times. They are just in time fans.