Pakistan - "Ally"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by OkieTigerTK, May 2, 2011.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

all accounts of the bin laden capture/death say that the pakistani's were not informed this was going to go down. it probably seems obvious to most, that there are at least "a few" in the pakistani govt that were aiding in sheltering bin laden all along. any word of it to the paks would have resulted in immediate tip off to bin laden.

i, as have many others, long questioned just how big an ally, our "ally" of pakistan really is. but i dont have the answer for what to do about them. try to foster a more moderate govt from within? strong arm their lying thieving govt into weeding out the islamists in their own ranks? nuke em and get it over with?

i was hoping that in the raid last night we got a treasure trove of intelligence, but it sounds like they offed him, grabbed the body, and got the hell out. i really was hoping that we could some how find out who in the pakistani govt has been aiding/hiding him all along. because i want every one of those raghead mother phuckers to find a nice little gift labeled "made in the usa" in the hole in the ground where they squat. BOOM mother phucker!

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I go with nuke'em

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i'm curious to see how this will effect the 2012 election if at all, pretty big win for the Obama administration.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Go to Google maps and enter "bin laden compound." Zoom in and look around the neighborhood. His million-dollar mansion with 20-foot walls is literally two blocks from one of the biggest army bases in Pakistan. There are government buildings across the street. It's right on the bus stop of a major thoroughfare. There are two major hospitals nearby (bin Ladin is said to require dialysis).

The Pakistani government knew he was there or they have the most inept intelligence service in the world. Probably both.

We need to pressure them into giving up Al Zawahri and Mullah Omar quickly. Having beheaded AL Qaeda and the Taliban we can leave Afghanistan. Once having left Afghnaistan, we no longer need Pakistan's air space and roads to resupply our troops. Then we need no longer give them the $2billion in foreign and military aid that we give them every year.

It is important to remember that there are several large political factions in Pakistan and we may have to let them fight it out and deal with the winner. They worry more about India than they do us. And when we leave, they will inherit the quagmire that is Afghanistan along with its refugees and radicals.

They spent 40 minutes on the ground. This was Seal Team 6, if there was intelligence to be found, they have it.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Red, you are exactly right about his compound. I read last night that it was built in 2005 with high walls and sparse windows, apparently built specifically to hide someone. I fully believe the paks were helping hide him, god knows for how long.

The pakistanis are not our friends. Getting out and leaving them to india would not bother me a bit.

But I still would like those in their govt that helped hide him have unfortunate accidents.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

of course theyve been hiding him yet we still give them 7 billion or whatever and they get pissed when we ask them what theyre spending it on. but im sure we did get intel from some peeps on the ground there im sure so they will counter with that.

they still need to be held accountable. this just proved what everyone already knew. looks bad on them.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

35 miles from the capital city? Yeah I'd say they knew.

8. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I like to think that the burial at sea was to cover up the fact that we have him alive and locked up in a tiny cell on an aircraft carrier…pretty sure if that is true then the torture session to get him to give up the peeps that have been helping him will start up in about an half of an hour from now.

9. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I think that the majority of people at there will know better than to contribute this to President Obama. To give him credit for this is like saying it was my supernatural powers that turned the lights on this morning when I flicked the switch.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I would bet the bank that plenty of potential intel was collected. 40 minutes on a raid where the object is to kill and not capture without regard for hostages is a LONG TIME, in spec ops frame of reference. There, is however, NO REASON to mention anything about intel that was or was not collected.

Geaux Tigers