Pakistan - "Ally"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by OkieTigerTK, May 2, 2011.

1. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Throw rugs, foam cushions and concrete must be awfully expensive in P-stan if that piece of crap compound is $1M.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The whole thing is reinforced concrete which ain't cheap. The 18-foot concrete walls alone would have cost a $million in the USA.

But it sure as hell isn't a mansion. It's a fortress.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I have to say that I'm shocked by this. Our President approved and observed a military operation well within the borders of a sovereign nation without their approval or knowledge? I would have loved to have been in the room when he and his staff contacted President Zardari to advise him of the events that transpired.

"Hey, Zard. Barry here. Look some of our SEALS just came back from a trip to Abbottabad. Isn't that where one of your military bases are located? Well, anyway guess who we found there? Osama-****ing-bin Laden."

/silence/

"I guess your crack military had no idea we flew in, shot him and left in less than an hour?"

/silence/

"Yeah, I thought you might not have anything to say. Look, I'm about to go give a speech to the American people to let them know what happened. I'm going to let them know that you dig what we did tonight, so I expect that you'll be dropping some locations in the near future where a couple of these other knuckleheads are located. Oh and by the way, we left a helicopter there. Had some mechanical issues. Why don't you take some of that $20 billion I sent you and get it running for me. Fill it up and give it a good wash, too. I'll have one of the boys drop by at the end of the week to pick it up. We'll be spending more time in this neighborhood."

1 person likes this.
  5. MLUTiger

Following your directions I found a home in a field with not much near it at all. Certainly nothing across the street. bin laden compound - Google Maps

and why doesn't streetview work!?!?!?!? :rofl:

I found the actual location that matches up with map pictures circulating in the newspapers. Awami Road bin laden - Google Maps

Anyone recognize the house in the picture :rofl:eek:n the information page?

6. SabanFan

That was actually pretty funny.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Google moved the location twice today. Right now its on the correct compound surrounded by fields. The original location was right downtown.

It has been reported that four helicopters and some support aircraft were used. It is hard to imagine that the Pakistani radar didn't pick any of it up. 40 minutes were spent on the ground with noisy helicopters hovering overhead with gunfire explosions and a large burning helicopter. And no Pakistani police or army showed up. Pakistan may not have been warned, but they didn't interfere and made sure to be damn slow in responding.

There is more to this than meets the eye.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

from an article i was just reading....

chicken shyt once they realized it was the U.S.? fear caused em to suddenly misplace the car keys? i wouldnt **** with navy seals either.

and in those 40 minutes....

oh, and obl was ultimately a coward....

One unwary phone call led US to bin Laden doorstep - Yahoo! News

9. MLUTiger

I read the account of a guy (unknowingly) live-tweeting it as it happened. He didn't seem to be that surprised at the helicopters and the gunfire apparently was not all that surprising either.

10. SabanFan

This was virtually on an army base where helicopters come and go all the time. The Seals knew the normal flight path of the Pakistani choppers and used those routes when they came in.