Pakistan signs peace deal with Taliban/Al Qaida

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Sep 6, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Our "good friend" Pakistan has signed a peace deal with the islamists sheltering the Taliban and Al Qaida in the mountains of Pakistan. They even returned their captured arms and prisoners and even paid them "compensation".

So now, Pakistan, who already has the Islamic Nuclear Bomb and has been sheltering bin Ladin for 5 years, has declared a truce and their army will no longer go into the region. So Osama has a free hand in Pakistan where there are nuclear weapons to be had and where the US-allied president has weathered five asssasination attempts and is extremely unpopular.

Shades of the Shaw of Iran in 1979 only with nuclear weapons. When the Iran-like islamic revolution come to Pakistan who do you think will rise to power? And who will be their prime enemy?

And our sad administration thinks the War on Terra is in Iraq. Isn't Bush the one who warned all nations that anyone that sheltered Al Qaida was an enemy and "You are either with us or against us"?

Well, is Pakistan with us? They have Osama, they wont arrest him or allow us to, they have nukes and they are a revolutionary powder keg in the middle east. Like in North Korea, Bush is ignoring real threats and still dinking around in Iraq with a tiny army.

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

"Hell in a hand basket" is the first saying that comes to mind...

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

As with Rex, I mean Red, Bush certainly is to blame. I don't speak for everyone here but I will, your monotone bashing is getting tired. Mix it up a little........blame the people committing the atrocities in the world for once.

Besides, give a link to your article.........

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/06/pakistan.afghanistan/index.html

The Pakistani Foreign Ministry disputed "a statement attributed to the spokesperson of the president by ABC News that Osama bin Laden will not face capture in Pakistan if he agrees to lead a 'peaceful life.' "

"The spokesperson said that this is a gross misreporting. The president's spokesperson, Major General Shaukat Sultan, was speaking of the peace agreement signed on the 5th September 2006 with the tribal leaders in north Waziristan.

"In response to a question, Major General Shaukat Sultan stated that foreigners settled in the area would be allowed to stay there on the condition that they live peacefully and abide by law. At no stage during the conversation he said that this was applicable to Osama Bin Laden. "

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is a major development. Mousharif will not be in power forever and soon Al Queda will own another state similar to the way they owned Afganistan. We need to show Pakistan that harboring terrorists will not be allowed.

5. red55

You know, your democrat bashing is tiresome to the max. But this is a political forum and there are people with opinions here. So live with it or go find another thread. Rex ain't around anymore because some of you folks find it easier to attack him personally than to attack his arguments.

Pay attention. I do blame them and plenty often. In the post above I'm blaming the Pakistanis for being two-faced liars, false allies, and harboring our enemies, did you miss that?

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I have an opinion and I gave it. I believe you're a two-faced liar for pasting an article that with a trip to cnn.com you could have seen was not true. In the future, it may be wise to paste articles that are factually true if you are going to use that as a way to bash Republicans. Makes you look stupid. That's my opinion and I posted in your thread so stick it.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Put some reading comprehension to use on this one. The Pakistanis did sign a peace deal with the Taliban war lords in the north. What was being refuted by the CNN piece was a claim (not made by red) that this peace deal extended to Osama. Neither red nor the blurb he posted mentioned giving safe haven to Osama.

8. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

You need to read his post. Last line from it:

ABC News quoted Pakistani Maj. Gen. Shaukat Sultan Khan as saying bin Laden "would not be taken into custody" under the deal "as long as one is being like a peaceful citizen."

This doesn't say what you just said it didn't?

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I have no problem with the article on Pakistan.....other than his was misleading. But to use that as another way to bash Bush is ridiculous. May as well just blame the London bombing on Bush. Or Steve Irwin's death.

10. red55

Look guys, LSUCraig is going to follow me from thread to thread bashing me personally no matter what I post or what links I post. He can't accept any opinion that points out Bush's inadequacies.

It should be clear to anybobdy that Bush has long been in league with the leaders of Pakistan and he has apparently exempted them from his pledge that anybody who harbors Al Qaida is our enemy. Bin Ladin has been in Pakistan for five years and they have not gone after him and they won't let us go after him.

LC just doesnt like hearing this.