Parcells sez Skyler is too fat!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Trey, May 6, 2006.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

He says it about a lot of folks. He uses negative motivation. But, he has produced results at multiple teams.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think he actually wanted Bradie to gain some weight, but he did say the same thing last year about Spears. He wants guys to be able to move.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's the boss saying if you want to make it in the NFL you better step it up a notch.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

He actually wanted Bradie to gain strength, thought he wasn't strong enoug.

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I remember when he said Bradie couldn't lift a kleenex. I actually think Bill is right about Skyler because he only ran in the 4.5's officially and I thought at the time that he running slower than he was capable. Maybe he always ran that way and just had great moves, but he does appear on the heavy side.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Parcells said the same thing about Spears remember??? I think he's just a coach that finds SOMETHING negative about a player and points it out....uses it as motivation if you will.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Methinks it is more than just motivation, he tells the media the same thing he tells the players usually and I'd bet he does want Skyler to trim down and gain a half step in speed.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The NFL is a leaner faster bunch than Division I college players are. There is a lot of slimming down done by rookies, even as they are putting on muscle mass. Nick recruited leaner, faster players as a result of his NFL coaching experience. I remember when Bill Arsparger met with his LSU team for the first time after a career in the NFL he said he was not used to being around so many fat people and that there would be some serious conditioning instituted immediately.

I'm not surprised that Parcells seriously sets about getting rookies into NFL shape as quickly as possible. He's helping them, not hurting them. Skyler needs blazing speed and crisp moves to be a success in the NFL and Parcell knows it. Skyler will learn quickly.

9. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Skyler never recovered from that injury he had a while back. I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t that good in the NFL.:(

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I noticed Skyler was looking a little thick during news coverage during draft day. One of the local stations was interviewing him and his face was noticeably larger than earlier in his LSU career.