Parcells sez Skyler is too fat!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Trey, May 6, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

I am watching the LSU/UGA 2003 game, and they just said Skyler ran a 4.25 40...

so if he is in the 4.5 range now, then i guess the defense rests

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Parcells has had something to say about the conditioning of all of the LSU guys he's drafted. However, he sure does play them--and he sure does continue to draft them.

He must like us...

3. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

good point staceyo, i saw skyler at the peach bowl and he seemed fine to me but i think that pre combines, he was probly working more on bulk than speed so that is probly the issue but im sure he will get back into the 4.3 range

4. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

They had Skyler on Fox Sports Southwest and he admitted to putting on a few pounds. He even lifted his shirt and said something like "yea, it's bigger than it used to be."

Skyler's fat right now. Not a big deal though seeing how he has 4 months to get in shape.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I also remember Skyler saying before last season that he intentionally lost some pounds because he didn't like the way he felt in 2004 as far as carrying the extra weight he had bulked up to. He felt he had lost a step even w/o the ankle injury.

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

If you ever meet Skyler in person without the gear on, the first thing you will notice is that he is a very strangely built guy. Remember, his cousins are Howard and Jarvis, and he's basically built like a miniature version of a defensive lineman. He's really big compared to how he looks on TV. I think that is one of the reasons he can be one of the best returners in the NFL eventually. He not only has the KR/PR type quickness, but he has the center of gravity and power of a running back. He's not going to go down as soon as someone touches him. He could definitely lose about 10 pounds, but he shouldn't get too small, because his size is actually an advantage to him to a point.