Paris Hodges

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Last season I purchased a college football magazine with Paris Hodges (6'5", 350lbs. OT for LSU) on the cover. Does anyone know if he is still on the team and if he'll be starting this coming season? What's the downlow on this monster?

Oh BTW, 53 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :lsug: :lsup: :helmet:

I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he was one along with JV and Junior Davis awaiting word from Clearing House regarding grades last year but I think he and JD are now backups.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He's on the depth chart and on the roster, was for last season too.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I knew he was last season cause the cover mentioned that he was a redshirt, but I just wanted to know what his status was for this season. Our O-line is gonna be huge(in stature) to say the least.

5. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Pharis Hodges is still on the team as a backup offensive tackle, recently bumped down the depth chart by the transition of Brandon Washington from defense to offense.

We also have two big offensive lineman joining the team this fall: Herman (the Monster) Johnson, from what I hear slated to be a backup at right tackle and Ryan Miller, slated to be Andrew Whitworth's understudy and future heir apparent at left tackle.

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Don't count on BIG Herm getting much PT until Moffitt pulls off a bunch of that weight. Word on the street was that he hit summer conditioning at 411. Saban could not have been more pleased, I sure. Between Moffitt's strength and conditioning, and the DIET this guy will be on, hopefully he can pull down about 30 pounds before fall camp. Otherwise, he will melt during 2-a-days.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

FOUR-ELEVEN???!!! This kid's a monster. If he can drop 30 lbs. and play effectively at 375-380, he's gonna be awesome. He'll take up two spots on the O-line...we can line up another receiver!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

according to yesterday's update from dandydon.com, Herman Johnson is less than 400 pounds now and is looking good. He reported to summer conditioning drills in early June at 417... You gotta start somewhere...

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

If they can keep him away from momma's kitchen, marble slab (one of Booger's vices a few years back), and some others, they will have a shot at controlling his weight. He played around 370 last season. This kid, while a monster, may struggle with his weight his entire career. Hopefully he will completely buy into Saban's team discipline and take matters into his own hands. Some kids just need some education on the importance of proper diet and nutrition.