parking for 2011

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerleg24, Nov 16, 2010.

1. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Founding Member

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

No more free parking? You gotta be sh*tting me.

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I guess LSU couldn't stand the thought that all kinds of people came on campus to tailgate and they couldn't siphon money from them because they didn't go to the game.

4. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

Part of the problem with LSU fans is they absolutely trash the area. If you were to walk around the tailgating lots during and after the Alabama game you would see why they have to start charging people to park. I've been tailgating at other venues and none of them are super neat, but none are as bad as what I see around the railroad tracks at LSU stadium.

5. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Agree, the LSU campus after a game looks a 3rd world country IRT to garbage. I am surprised it took this long to start charging for parking in those lots.:geauxtige

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

This is terrible.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It essentially amounts to an indirect ticket increase, cept you don't necessarily have to have a ticket.

I think $10.00 would be a more reasonable fee and still generate a lot of money. 92,000 fans, figuring generously that 30,000 park where they'd have to pay (maybe someone has an accurate number, I'm taking a complete shot in the dark) 30,000 vehicles @ 10 bucks would still be $300,000.00.

At $20.00 it's 600,000.00.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Other top schools do the same things. I've been expecting this to happen in the central campus lots and street parking near the stadium for a long time. I'm surprised that they are charging $20 for the grass mudhole lots on river road, That's a long muddy walk to the stadium. At least that lot should be free.

I think LSU is also trying to cut down on the huge crowd of game day tailgaters who have no tickets and do not attend the game. LSU can't afford to stage a free festival for them.

The budget cuts are crippling LSU. There will be a lot more stuff that people are used to getting for free from LSU that will now have to be paid for with income. And other things will simply disappear.

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Yet they can afford 50,000 pom poms

Tax and spend baby.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Wise up. LSU Athletics doesn't get a dime of tax money. It is self-supporting.

And the Pom Poms are are corporate donation thing, like the towels and the flags they've handed out previously. They will have advertising printed on them.