Pass interference?? - 2002 Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Nov 29, 2002.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The gimmie TD wasn't the only calls that the refs blew today. It appeared to me that several times our receivers got tackled while a pass was headed their way. One in particular was a deep pass that appeared to be thrown to no one. When they showed the replay, Joe Addai got leveled by the safety just as he was going to be streaking by him for the pass. Another time Michael Clayton got tackled on a WR screen as the pass was in the air.

You figure with 9 sets of eyes watching the play the refs could see a player getting hauled down when a pass was headed his way. :rolleyes:

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

The game wasn't important enough for the SEC to send their best crew. Those guys are going to the UT-Kentucky game tomorrow!

Just kidding! :D

There's no such thing as "best" when it comes to SEC officials.

3. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

me 2

did u see that long pass intended for joseph addai(the one that landed no where near anybody) and when he started to turn on the jets he got spanked by some guy yea i saw when clayton got decked, the officials had to have been bias today

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

The SEC's still mad because we screwed up the BCS last year. We kept the SEC out of the national championship game.

Now we're paying the price.

5. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

SEC

I think that they told the ref's to blow the game because they knew that we would whoop the Bulldogs and keep them out of contention!

6. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Yea, I saw that Clayton call, I could not believe they didn't call it.

7. hawgwilde

hawgwilde Founding Member

We got

screwed on some calls too. The point is, you also had 60 minutes to win the game and the last chance with the ball.

8. digihog

digihog Freshman

Please...

LSU was given every opportunity to blow Arkansas out. The refs threw the bag on two LSU punts that resulted in 1st downs for LSU- basically 2 TO's against Arkansas.

The fact is the refs called more penalties on the Hogs (8 for 66 yards) than LSU (7 for 47 yards.)

Arkansas is #11 in penalties against(71 yds/G), and #11 in opponent penalties(50 yds/G) in the SEC. So stop crying about penalties/non-calls, Arkansas was screwed more often than any other team in the league this year, and this game did nothing to change that.

Arkansas has always been a target for the refs, in the SWC as the only team outside of Texas, or as the new team in the SEC. 2002 SEC Football Statistics

The Pierce TD looked close, but it was impossible to tell from the camera angle.

IMO, if LSU had used the spread offense right from the start the score wouldn't have been close. Randall is a fine quarterback and LSU will be in contention for the SEC West title again next year.

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

The point is that on several occasions an Arkansas player tackled an LSU receiver running a pass route. Last time I checked that was illegal and warranted a penalty being called.

10. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

Re: Pass interference??

This is funny - can we blame all 5 losses on the refs, or just this one - give me a break!!!!!! Shouldn't they have just ignored our personal fouls and pushing recievers - after all, we are the defending National Champs. :hihi: