Passing/Rushing Yards prediction thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Oct 20, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Honestly I don't think either are the future. Neither have shown me anything except Harris has shown he is good against shitty teams.

2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

That's certainly fair but damn I hope you're wrong!

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Cap one bowl, Wisconsin, etc etc

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

That's very frightening. Harris is definitely the future and hopefully he clearly pulls away from Jennings next summer once he settles in and has a better grasp of the playbook and how to run a pro style offense. That's over half the battle with LSU and why they cannot develop quarterbacks - IMO All Jr. High and High School teams run the read option / spread offense today. So when a QB gets to the next level and runs a similar offense they prosper much quicker than those that go to a college that runs more of a pro style (unless they just have the God Given Talent to adapt quickly).

Its not so different than when a QB who runs the spread or air raid in college enters the NFL and lays an egg (Too many to list)

Most people will tell you, that to be successful you change your scheme to fit your talent, not your talent to fit your scheme. But when their is such a leap between High School and a college team that runs a pro style set, freshman truly need a year or even 2 to grasp it and be successful, especially in the SEC. Easy to say that as fans we should be more patient, but it doesn't make up for the fact that LSU was ill prepared when Mett left. Just like every other position on the field, if you are developing your players properly the "next man up" theory should apply. Obviously easier said than done.

But the fact that LSU struggles at the QB more often than most teams with our recruit power and every year LSU has a handful of QB's on our roster that never see the field tells us one of 2 things: 1) We recruit the position very poorly and are very poor judge of HS QB talent. or 2) We flat out just cannot develop successful QB's under this system.

5. LaSalleAve

Me too

6. LaSalleAve

He threw for 280 something and 3 TD's against Wisconsin.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

Are you serious? Harris was given an opportunity and blew it badly? Yes, because when Harris was yanked, Jennings came in and looked SOOOOOO much better. That's ridiculous.

Can you honestly say that Harris and Jennings have been given equal opportunity??? When Harris screwed up (once), he was yanked and has yet to see the field again. When Jennings screws up (multiple times), he gets more and more opportunities to get back out there.

CLM obviously has an allegiance to Jennings (just like JJ) and there I no way he has given Harris the same game time opportunity to improve that he has given Jennings (WHO HAS NOT IMPROVED AT ALL)

8. LaSalleAve

What true freshman at LSU up until this point has ever been given more of a chance than Brandon Harris?

9. LSU_4_LIFE

We really cant compare these 2, the sample size is no where near the same. And Jennings has more turnovers accounted for than Harris, how has Jennings made fewer mistakes?

I'll agree, LSU does not have a QB. That means neither is good, neither.

10. LSU_4_LIFE

What difference does that make?