PASSION OF CHRIST

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by iluvdatiger, Feb 17, 2004.

1. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

I missed Dianne Sawyer's interview, can anyone tell me about it?

I read Paul Harvey's comments on this controversial movie and he said that when he went to the private showing that they put people from many different backgrounds and religions in the theater together and he said that some people got so upset and they were crying so much that they had to leave, but at the end of the movie no one could even speak - no one knew what to say.

what do ya'll think about this movie?

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I saw the interview and mel G. came off open and sincere, very refreshing considering how actors/actress' have conducted themselves of late on the political front.
    I bet ( movie ) it is shockingly realistic. No one really can appreciate the torture Christ went through. I think mel did his best to potray this accurately. Most likely moving and eye opening. the man suffered severely, enough said.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I thought he looked very nervous and uncomfortable. I do think he acquitted himself very well and articulately countered his critics. Can't wait to see the film.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I can not wait for this movie and Mel Gibson is awesome.

6. dallastigers

I have a feeling I am going to come out of this movie extremely worn out emotionally, but I think it will be worth it.

I also think Mel always looks a little nervous and uncomfortable in interviews unless he is joking around a lot during it.

I am debating on whether to take my 12 year old step-daughter to this (almost 13). She wants to go, and she knows how how it will be. Any thoughts? Will it be too much for her?

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Go see the movie yourself first, and if you honestly feel it's too gruesome for a 13 year old girl to handle, then you can say, "Wait till you're older."

8. dallastigers

I am. I just am not sure how my usual standard will be effected by this being a film about Jesus. From what I have seen if this was about John Doe I would not take her, but she wants to go and I am more inclined due who and what it is about.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I have a daughter the same age. I think it depends on her maturity level, you know her better than anyone. Consult with your wife also.

10. iluvdatiger

iluvdatiger Founding Member

It depends on the maturity level of your kid, if she's still playing with barbie's mabye you shouldn't take her