Pat Tillman Killed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Apr 23, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

Not LSU related, but I think it's important.

Pat Tillman, the NFL Player who turned down a $3.6 Million contract to join the U.S. Army following September 11th was killed in Afghanistan while serving with the Army Rangers.

This man's decision to pass on money and fame in order to sleep in the desert and serve his country floored me. I don't know that I have ever admired a man I never met more than Pat Tillman. My prayers and thoughts are with his family. THIS WAS AN AMERICAN -

Link: Pat Tillman Killed

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

May God bless Pat and his family. What a tragedy to lose such a great American.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

There aren't too many people in this country who put their beliefs before their $$$$$ or, in this tragic case, their lives...

Pat Tillman, you were A REAL MAN who stood for REAL PRINCIPLES....

May God rest your soul....

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Here is a link to a story back when he joined the Rangers.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/?id=110001975

5. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

Very sad news. I remember he wanted no media coverage of his training or special treatment.....he just wanted to be another soldier. He gave up millions of dollars to serve his country. He immediately won my respect and admiration. Rest in peace Pat Tillman.

6. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

He was an example to us all

I know that many American can look on him as an example of a man and an American. I feel that anyone currently serving in the US armed forces should be treated with dignity and much respect. They know the dangers they may face on any given day and you never know the day when you receive the orders to ship out to Afghanistan, Iraq, or any other hostile place in the world.

I pray much comfort comes to Mr. Tillman's family from God and from the outpouring of symphathy coming from the American people.

I hope everyone can reflect on what is going on here and the sacrifices being made. And with what will happen very soon in Fallujah, we best be ready for more American Marines to die in that cesspool of a place. I am a Marine (1988-1996) myself and I know the fighting spririt and comraderie that permeates within every unit.

Semper Fi,
    George

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Pat Tillman is a true American hero. He could have done whatever he wanted to in life, and he chose what he knew could be the ultimate sacrifice because of his convictions and love of his country. God bless Pat's family and his brother who is still serving in the Army Rangers.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Very sad news, may the lord bless him and his family and all of our other soldiers.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

May God rest his soul and may perpetual light shine upon it. He gave his life so that we can all be free. May God bless all of our men and women who serve our country and sacrifice for us as well as their loved ones. Its very sad that our country's best has to lose its life because a bunch of hateful people have nothing else better to do, or no greater interest to serve than to seek vengence against our country. However, the failure to act and protect ourselves will only make our country even more vulnerable the next time these cowardly dogs try something. May Pat rest in peace and lets all pray that his family finds strength to deal with his loss.

10. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

We lost a true hero during a time when true role models are few and far between. God bless him