Patrick Peterson #8 Overall Pick in 2011 Draft?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

No question about it, this century, or any century for that matter, Peterson is on of the best ever. Casanova was just one of my all time LSU favorites and I had to put his name in the ring as one of the best ever.

Anyway, here's to Patrick Peterson having a great 2010...

2. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Do you think Peterson will be gone before the team ever has any success around him?

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Despite his play falling off in the final few games like the rest of the team Peterson will certainly be a top pick next year. He is as good a CB to come out since Deion Sanders. Id put Peterson up there with Woodson, Bailey, Springs, etc as the best CBs to come out since Primetime. He has the size, athleticism, and ball skills to be really special. I hope he keeps his focus throughout the year. Webster was an exceptional college CB, but Peterson has far more potential.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

is this a joke? woodson and bailey are/were better than sanders.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

say what:huh:

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

theres a difference between corner and cover corner. and to clarify i was assuming he was referring to rod woodson, not charles.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I was referring to Charles Woodson, since Rod came in before Deion. Deion was the best cover man to ever play the game. He took out the other teams best guy. Everyone is talking about Revis possibly surpassing Deion. Lets see him do this for about 5 years then we will start talking. Revis did dominate though like Deion. While he wasnt a tackler, which did take away from his overall worth. No one could cover like Deion, so despite his weakness in tackling he is still worth every penny. Not to mention his big play propensity. As well as his punt return skills.

By the way, I love how Peterson has that cocky streak in him. Most great CBs do, its by far the toughest position to play on the field. You need total confidence and a short memory.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Dieon Sanders was a great cover corner, but give me Woodson or Bailey any day of the week before Dieon because they were football players. They could actually tackle people, and help in run support. Dieon just used his speed to his advantage, and was probably one of the fastest to ever run in pads.

9. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Yeah. And he had a great smile for the cameras :grin:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wonder how many touchdowns would be called back on Dieon if the rules that the NCAA are instating this season would have been the rules back then. With the "taunting" rule. All i can remember is Dieon high stepping every time he touched the ball.