Patrick Peterson cost us this game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Herb, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

What was your prediction before the season? As far as record? Please advise...:popcorn:

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

This is a really dumb post. Peterson put the Tigers in great field position all night. He definitely was not the reason we lost the game. IMO we lost the game because of offense - or lack thereof. The quarterbacks were ineffective and the OL failed to consistently open up holes needed to establish a running game.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This thread should probably be closed. People are reading the first post and commenting, when the man has basically retracted the tone of his initial post more than once in this very thread. He stated he was just venting. He stated he went overboard, and probably needs a doobie. He's sorry. Let it go.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Like Ive said before you cant argue the record of Miles. However the fact is LSU doesnt show progression, but instead regression. LSU has too much talent out there to play the way they have the last three years. When is the last time LSU played well in one game in all three facets of the game? Not since the Auburn game of last year, the only game in two years.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

See? Page 2.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

You are absolutely correct Red, except for the OC change. I think we are stuck with Crowton for at least another year. If there one change in the coaching staff, I would prefer Studrawa gets canned more than Crowton. We have not had an effective OL since he arrived.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This is probably a moot point...since we in fact LOST this game. But since you're making a broad statement, I have to disagree that we regressed all year. If anything, this is the first year in the last 3 that we showed any progression. We are a better team now than at the beginning of this season...although we did not play like it today.

Bottom line, Miles is a winner...no matter how it gets done. I asked what your prediction was before the season, and I'm gonna guess by the lack of an answer that it wasn't anywhere near 10 wins. Well, we have a 10 win regular season...with a nice bowl game to go.

I agree and completely understand there's TONS of improvement necessary. Guess what...there always will be. There is no perfect team. LSU has never been a perfect team. LSU won 10 games, including road wins over Bama and UF...with no QB. The coaches realize there is an issue with QB. They are addressing it. Hopefully, Miles will also address the OC issue...which is bigger than the QB issue. If we had a decent OC and QB coach, our QB issue wouldn't exist. Not saying JJ or JL would be world beaters ever, but both have proven they can play well with a good plan. Unfortunately, neither gets a good plan with which to work very often.

8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Sorry, I forgot the prediction quesiton. Honestly, I didnt have a set number of wins I was predicting. I said I could see anwheres between 7-11 wins depending on improvements.

There was progression from the O but regression from the D. The OL regressed as well. I agree Miles wins, which is the bottom line. Its just frustrating that with this much talent that LSU doesnt ever look any better. I can accept a loss to a better team. I can accept an off game. I cant accept every game to look like an off game though. Players need to be put in positions to win, Im not seeing that. JJ isnt a top QB, thats obvious. But he has played well at times and no matter what you have to try to go down the damn field. When LSU does, more times that not good things happen. Its when they get uber conservative like in the third that things stall. The D can key on the run or quck slants. You cant keep calling the same plays over and over. The D crowds the line because they know LSU wont go deep.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly, Carnell Hatcher and it was more than just the poor angle he took on the play before the half. This and the inability to score TDs on 2 possessions inside the 5 cost us the game.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree with this for the most part. And I know Miles is where the buck stops. But I feel like he wasn't allowed to fire Crowton after last season, and he better find a way this year.

For all the bad things you point out though, I consider the big picture.

Yes, LSU does recruit itself somewhat, but I guarantee you visits from recruits are very important, and when they have current players in their ears talking about Miles with reverance and respect, I guarantee it makes a huge difference. That talent you speak of? It's here because of Miles.

As for the QB issue, it's being addressed now. I honestly thought that...with a year of experience, JJ would've improved. That's a fair and reasonable thought. Had JJ played even exactly the same as last season, LSU would've been a better team this year. He most certainly regressed. But dammit, the flashes of brilliance are there. Why Crowton doesn't use him to his strengths, I'll never know. He needs to be on the move constantly...preferably no huddle. He thrives in that situation. He fails as a drop back pocket passer. Yet that's what they've tried to make him for two seasons now.

The program is clean. Miles is responsible for that too, since the buck stops with him. With the way the NCAA has been out in force this year, it's a testament to Miles that LSU wasn't mentioned in any of those investigations.

I guess as an LSU fan, I want what's best for LSU. Although I don't always agree with Coach Miles and the way he does things, he is what's best for LSU right now. Until someone provides a legitimate answer to who would replace him, he will remain best for LSU...especially winning 10 games/year. And no...not one person has given a legitimate answer to who would replace him. Cowher, Gruden...they ain't coming. Neither is Peterson or Patterson. Neither is Harbaugh. Any replacement would be risky at best...and likely a huge step down that would throw the program into immediate mediocrity. 10 win seasons in the SEC is NOT mediocre.