Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigers45, Jan 7, 2011.

1. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

So, does Patrick Peterson do a Glen Dorsey or Laron Landry and come back to school as a projected top 5 pick, or does he pull a Russell and go? Both Dorsey and Landry didn't slide, and they really helped coming back. I know to most it's a sure thing he goes, but we thought the same with the two listed above and they ended up coming back.

Any inside sources hearing things?

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The only problem with that is, neither Laron Landry nor Glenn Dorsey were projected first rounders after their junior year. They gained their status their senior year.

Now, Ciron Black was projected to be a first rounder after his junior year. He went undrafted after his senior year.

I kid you not...me and Mrs. Fish got into an actual argument about this topic last night! :lol:

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I hope you didn't call her Mrs Fish while you were arguing.:lol:

4. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

I just feel like if Luck can come back, so can patrick peterson. I sure hope he does, with hopefully a solid Qb a national championship is there

5. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

Luck is a fool!!!! PP7 with a good bowl game and combine may well be a top 10 pick(very deserving). He is a freak talent wise and He is gone and I wish him the best in the NFL!!!!!Thanks PP7:tigereye:

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This is probably the only motivation PP has to come back, unless he just loves the life at LSU so much he can't let it go. I can't imagine that he can make his draft stock any higher than it is now.

7. GreatestStory

GreatestStory LSU Faithful

PP7 is NOT coming back. I was at his last home game (Ole Miss) and he ran a victory lap around the stadium high fiving the fans. You don't usually do that as a "I'll see you next season".

He's gone..... top 5 pick in the draft.

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Some draft boards have him as high as #2 to the Broncos. A lockdown corner is just important to changing a franchise as a QB is. Denver doesn't have offensive woes. When everyone thought Luck was coming out, the idea was that Denver would take DaQuan Bowers. Now that Luck isn't coming out, Bowers might have become the number one pick because Carolina is not in love with Jake Locker, with Peterson sliding into the #2 spot. Either way, he won't make it past #6 based on need vs. best available.

Carolina would've been hardpressed to pass on Bowers even if Luck had come out. They went to the Super Bowl with an ok QB and a great defense anchored by a very Bowers like DE in Peppers...

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Peterson got abused last night. May have been his worst game in an LSU uni.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Please sit down and be quiet.

Anyway, I think PP is gone and I don't blame him. Unless he wants to make one more run at a championship with the amazing young secondary he has helped mold.

Mathieu/Reid/Claiborne/Simon all benefited greatly from his presence. We'll be stacked next year, with or without him, but he may want to make another run at a title.