Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigers45, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

If you could become a multi-millionaire overnight by declaring for the draft vs. staying in the NCAA where they won't even let someone buy you dinner for f$#* sake, wouldn't you go? Don't get me wrong, LSU is a wonderful place and he would have a strong shot at a NC and I want him to stay, but there's too much that can go wrong and cost him millions and millions of dollars to come back. I could definitely be wrong, but it seems relatively cut and dry to me.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are HIGH>>>>>>

3. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

I think Patrick parading around the stadium last night carrying Mathieu around on his shoulders was symbolic.

PP7 arguably one of the greatest defensive players in LSU history and the fact that Tyran was named the Defensive MVP of the game was his way of "passing the torch" of great defensive play to the next generation of great LSU defensive players. Classy move by him IMO.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

A college player declaring early also needs to look at where he might go in the draft. Just because the higher the draft pick, the higher the income doesn't equate into success. If I'm a college player, I'd rather be a mid to low first round choice. Do you think Luck saw the problems in Carolina and didn't want to be a part of that? Who'd want to go play on teams like Cleveland, Cinci, Detroit. The Saints used to be in that category as well. Not sure someone like Luck would want to be the foundation for an attempted revival. His career might not last long. Peterson has this same choice.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I would think pp staying at lsu would equate to atleast one spot in the preseason polls. If we were #7 without him we would be atleast #6 with him

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

After last nights show, I do not see much of a drop off. The major thing PP offers is not giving up the LONG TD in his zone....

T Rex is a bit short and does mess up at times, but he is so far advanced for his age....

Future is bright...

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No, actually I'm not. In fact I've never been "high" unless you count altitude. PP is a great corner and one of the best however he allowed a lot of passes complete to his side of the field that he usually doesn't do. Did it cost us, no of course not. I was just pointing out that the "lock down" corner didn't have his handcuffs last night.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont think you understand how good Fuller is. PP played Fuller like he played Jones. On a WR like that, the CB CANNOT get caught underneath. Yes, you will lose MANY chances to jump the route ad make a play, but you WILL NOT give up the big play.

Has more to do with the scheme than you might think.

Like I said in another thread, a few catches made to his side, even with clear push offs, are NOTHING.....

Everything Fuller caught was a perfect thrown ball to the side of which PP had ZERO chance...

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

But yes, you are HIGH for stating that was PP's worst game in the LSU uni......

:)

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yeah, I can see your point there.